Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Car with 5-month-old inside stolen in Augusta

A car was stolen from an Augusta convenience store with a 5-month-old inside Saturday night, authorities said.

At 8:48 p.m., dispatch reported receiving a call that the car was stolen from a store on the corner of Fayetteville Drive and Milledgeville Road.

The baby was discovered a few minutes later in the middle of the road and was unharmed.

The missing car is a 2010 black Dodge Avenger with Florida license plates. The driver is described as a white male in his late 20s with tattoos on his arms and face, dispatch said.

usmcbuckner
usmcbuckner 05/05/12 - 10:49 pm
When the driver is found, he

When the driver is found, he and any other occupants should be charged with Grand Theft Auto and Attempted Homicide for putting the baby out in the middle of the road. What the h*** is wrong with people?

GaStang22
GaStang22 05/06/12 - 03:50 am
I agree usmcbuckner!! And

I agree usmcbuckner!! And kidnapping, as they said it was a carjacking not a stolen car where adult may have left baby in car to go in store and the thieves didn't see the baby. So seems the mom was there and especially if the mom was screaming my baby my baby's in there, which it happens but is rare they go in shock and say nothing especially when its their own child but that blows that "oh I didn't know" defense out the water. Yeah they didn't keep the kid, but in the heat of it all, he probably didn't want to risk getting caught by staying long enough to let mom get the kid out... so hes also a kidnapper. I pray they find him before a waste of flesh like this really injures or kills someone. Thank God the baby is ok!! Prayers for the mom... I know it was probably one of if not the most terrifying thing shes ever experienced.

david jennings
david jennings 05/06/12 - 04:37 am
What about kidnapping?

What about kidnapping?

Clemintime
Clemintime 05/06/12 - 05:14 am
This borders on willful child

This borders on willful child neglect by the parent or gaurdian that left the child in the car while he/she ran into the convenience store.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/06/12 - 06:28 am
Tie the guy up & place him in

Tie the guy up & place him in the middle of the road....like the Gordon Hy on a Sat night...yea...save tax dollars....

meginlea
meginlea 05/06/12 - 07:14 am
WHO LEAVES A BABY IN THE

WHO LEAVES A BABY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD??

But also, aren't we supposed NOT to leave our babies in the car alone?

paperwren
paperwren 05/06/12 - 07:39 am
This is a mother's worst

This is a mother's worst nightmare. We can't assume that the mother left the baby in the car unsupervised, although that is a possible explanation. I've had nightmares about someone holding me up or taking my keys while I'm pumping gas and then driving off with my kids inside.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/06/12 - 09:06 am
If they find this _____; it

If they find this _____; it would be fine by me if they handcuffed him to a post and gave that baby's mother a few minutes alone with him... with a baseball bat in her hands.

Tots
Tots 05/06/12 - 10:21 am
Good morning everybody...I

Good morning everybody...I was reading this story on Facebook from WRDW-TV news,it said this was a carjacking..If so that means the car and baby were taken by force..So i don't think we should blame the parent...

Tots
Tots 05/06/12 - 10:23 am
I'm going to try to post what

I'm going to try to post what was on Facebook about this ..

Updated: 2:19 AM May 6, 2012

Car stolen from convenience store with 5-month-old baby inside

Posted: 9:21 PM May 5, 2012
Reporter: Sheli Muniz
Email Address: sheli.muniz@wrdw.com

May 5, 2012

AUGUSTA, Ga-- Richmond County dispatch says they have found a 5-month-old baby after deputies say the baby was taken during a carjacking Saturday night.

This happened around 8:48pm at the Milledgeville Convenience Store off Milledgeville Road and Fayetteville Drive in Augusta.

Dispatch tells us someone stole a car that had a 5-month-old baby inside. The baby was located on Gordon Highway soon after.

Deputies are now on the lookout for the carjacker and the car.

Tots
Tots 05/06/12 - 10:28 am
Be on the lookout for a-"2010

Be on the lookout for a-"2010 black Dodge Avenger with Florida license plates. The driver is described as a (white male) - in his late 20s with tattoos on his arms and face"...

raul
raul 05/06/12 - 04:03 pm
Dang, sounds like the movie

Dang, sounds like the movie "Raising Arizona" with the baby left in the middle of the road.