Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man on bicycle robs North Augusta pedestrian

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:47 AM
Last updated 10:40 PM

NORTH AUGUSTA — An 18-year-old North Augusta man alerted authorities Tuesday after a man on a bicycle stole his money.

According to an incident report, the victim was walking in front of Walmart on Knox Avenue around 8:40 p.m. when a man, estimated to be in his 30s, rode up on a bicycle and said “what you got?”

Police said the bicyclist reached into the victim’s pocket, grabbed $13 and pedaled away toward Sonic.

Comments (12)

raul
raul 04/26/12 - 09:07 am

Description of the bicyclist?

Description of the bicyclist?

TK3
TK3 04/26/12 - 09:46 am

I thought all the bike riders

I thought all the bike riders were supposed to be "good" guys ?

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 04/26/12 - 10:05 am

When they say "what you got",

When they say "what you got", that's the perfect time to pull out your gun and say, "This what I got. Want some?"

Lock and load, folks.

raul
raul 04/26/12 - 10:07 am

The bike was probaby stolen.

The bike was probaby stolen.

debbiep38
debbiep38 04/26/12 - 10:30 am

His second vehicle is an

His second vehicle is an Escalade with 26ers.

eagle
eagle 04/26/12 - 11:07 am

Who's going to let someone

Who's going to let someone else reach into their pocket...for anything?

madgerman
madgerman 04/26/12 - 11:11 am

Raul. Obviously 6 foot nine

Raul. Obviously 6 foot nine and weighed about 250 - 275. I say that because he obviously was big enough to straddle the bike and search the vics pockets. Of course the vic can't remember what he looked like or the color of the bike. Kinda a strange place to be walking at that time of evening, I don't recall any residential areas in the immediate area.

my.voice
my.voice 04/26/12 - 11:16 am

I would have shown him "what

I would have shown him "what I got". And another crime goes down in North Augusta - Home of the speed trap.

Educated Farmer
Educated Farmer 04/26/12 - 12:00 pm

Where has the backbone gone?

Where has the backbone gone? No weapon? Why not fight the guy off? I distinctly remember (from being a kid that didn't play video games) that a stick in the spokes of a bike will send someone flying. Situational awareness would go a long way in events such as these.

burninater
burninater 04/26/12 - 12:06 pm

I never go to Wal Mart

I never go to Wal Mart without my spoke stick, just in case.

lsmith
lsmith 04/26/12 - 12:22 pm

Robbery and a shoplift/car

Robbery and a shoplift/car chase at north augusta wallmart in one day. And Fred Russell can't wait to get a walmart built in downtown augusta. Of one thing you can be sure, there will soon be a "new crime" center in Augusta.....

PhiloPublius
PhiloPublius 04/26/12 - 12:30 pm

There is a Starbucks right

There is a Starbucks right across the street... Maybe the victim just finished updating his blog while drinking a frutie-latte. Probably couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Congratulations Hollywood types and liberal leftists. Your evil plan for the wussification of the American male is almost complete...

etlinks
etlinks 04/26/12 - 12:55 pm

my. voice -Its not a speed

my. voice -Its not a speed trap if you don't speed. Without the whole story its hard to comment,just a sad situation.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 04/26/12 - 05:18 pm

Alright, let's be honest

Alright, let's be honest here, guys. We all know how easy it is to be a Monday-morning quarterback and say "Well, he shoulda done this!", or "He shoulda done that!"...right? You don't really know what you'd do unless you're in it. Just because the kid is 18, doesn't make him a real "man". He could've been a small and shy kid that doesn't get into fights and shies away from violence. And the bike rider could've been some Mike Tyson clone....we just don't know! Anyway, I would've LOVED it if the kid would've just cold-cock punched the biker! Maybe the biker will do it again and next time it'll be a different outcome!

my.voice
my.voice 04/26/12 - 10:55 pm

Etlinks......my point is NAPD

Etlinks......my point is NAPD hasn't solved a crime in years. Murder, robberies, hostage situations. They are a joke.

etlinks
etlinks 04/27/12 - 06:46 am

my.voice- I'm sorry you don't

my.voice- I'm sorry you don't like NA but roads do go around the city.

junkyardpig
junkyardpig 04/28/12 - 12:16 pm

was recently offered to buy

was recently offered to buy someones food stamps for .50 per dollar. government gives away free food, phones, housing money to generations I wish I knew their name so I could report them. ssi for drug users, they dont want to work. wake up usa,

New chair gets vet off-road to fish

Army veteran Henry Kent's new Action Trackchair has attachments for fishing, with a holder for his fishing pole and a built-in tackle box, but others can be outfitted with gunracks for hunting.