Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man threatens Obama in spray paint on his house

Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:07 PM
Last updated 8:02 PM

The Secret Service were contacted in reference to a threat an Aiken County resident made in spray paint on the side of his mobile home, authorities said.

Walter Jones of Anthony Drive and Lee Drive in Burnettown spray painted “Kill Obama,” on the outside of his mobile home in red spray paint, Aiken County Sheriff’s Capt. Troy Elwell said.

Neighbors were upset and police were called on Sunday afternoon.

“We went out and had a word with him,” Elwell said, noting deputies have had run-ins with Jones in the past due to “strange and irrational behavior.”

Because it is a felony offense, the Sheriff’s Office contacted the Secret Service who had already contacted Jones, Elwell said.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/23/12 - 09:45 am

OJP
OJP 04/22/12 - 08:42 pm
@raresaltydog: Threatening

@raresaltydog: Threatening the President was a crime long before Obama was elected.

Not sure why I try...

fedex227
fedex227 04/22/12 - 09:37 pm
It's like my mama always

It's like my mama always said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

specsta
specsta 04/22/12 - 09:54 pm
Hmmm...maybe spray painting a

Hmmm...maybe spray painting a threat against the President on your house isn't such a good idea to pass time on the weekend.

The unchecked virus of stupidity continues to spread among the people.

Tots
Tots 04/22/12 - 10:04 pm
Fedex227 posted this at 9:37

Fedex227 posted this at 9:37 pm-It's like my mama always said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Less see how long sean and the rants and rave police let this comment stay up.. I posted something nearly word for word like this and they sent me a nasty e-mail....I, LMFBO!!!
I agree,by the way..

purmkinhed
purmkinhed 04/23/12 - 06:47 am
@palmetto1008, Just because

@palmetto1008, Just because one lives in a "mobile home" does not make one stupid nor ignorant. Some people have no choice but to live there due to circumstances beyond their control. I'm an educated person and so is my husband who, by the way, just graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with High Honors. Me thinks this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/23/12 - 07:48 am
Purmkin, if the shoe doesn't

Purmkin, if the shoe doesn't fit you don't need to put it on; but you have to admit the "stereotype" for mobile homes in run down areas is pretty darned accurate the majority of the time.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 04/23/12 - 08:49 am
dear frog, there is a big

dear frog,
there is a big difference, you are not required to have a car. having a car isn't a right, its a privledge you could walk, buy a bike, public transportation, or ask a friend/relative to lend you their car. obama car forces you whether you want to or not to purchase insurance, the commerce clause is for existing commerce, not to force you into a contract to purchase a good or service that what the personal mandate will do, force you to buy insurance.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 04/23/12 - 08:50 am
"Well, it's a mobile home.

"Well, it's a mobile home. What can one expect?"

"Some people have no choice but to live there due to circumstances beyond their control. "

"... you have to admit the "stereotype" for mobile homes in run down areas is pretty darned accurate..."

Speaking of ignorant, biased remarks...

I CHOOSE to live in my manufactured home. I bought it and, it's completely paid for, and I pay taxes on it every year. I started out by renting a MH (manufactured home), but I lived on the west side of Augusta in a great, upscale manufactured housing community for 30 years.

The owner spends thousands of dollars every year improving the community, keeping the landscaping up to date, and has made this a nice place to live. He doesn't tolerate drug use, broken down cars, loose pets, wild children, or partying. If you drink alcohol, you'd better keep it quiet and low key.

Our crime rate is virtually non-existent, we're not overrun by unruly children or pets, and there isn't one car or truck up on blocks, overgrown lawn or yard filled with junk or trash.

Why do people insist on talking as if a manufactured home or a manufactured home community means that your name is "Bubba", you have a barefoot pregnant wife, eight kids, a broken-down truck, and no job? I have two jobs, my home and car are both paid for, I've been in the service, to college, pay taxes, and give back to the community. Heck, I even have a an adequate vocabulary and know how to use a dictionary.

So a MH doesn't cost as much as a brick home. SO WHAT? How many folk are losing their brick homes due to the economy? My home is paid for, the taxes are paid, and I pay less than $250.00 per month for lot rent. I can afford to live in my manufactured home.

I have a place of my own to live in (that I own), I doubt that I will ever lose it due to the economy, and I CHOOSE to live here. It's perfect for me as a single guy (widower) with no kids at home, I live in a great community less than 2 miles from every convenience.

So some nut who just happens to live in a MH, painted a stupid saying on his home (I hope that it was his and not a rental.) SO WHAT? Crazy people don't live in brick houses? Crime doesn't exist if you live in a brick home in suburbia? I suppose that you're guaranteed a place in Heaven if you live in a brick home?

Yes, I'm ticked. I'm tired of the stereotype and the insults. Please get a life people. Look out of your brick-supported windows and appreciate your neighbors who live in nice manufactured homes, in communities with well-kept lawns, and who are grateful for their ridiculously low crime rates.

Oh, and yes, there are some MH communities that support the old stereotypes. But I believe that there are far more MH communities that are like the one that I live in, that are great alternatives to the suburban sprawl of brick homes.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 04/23/12 - 08:57 am
Tots, as long as they are not

Tots, as long as they are not directing it at other commenters, we will generally allow it. But if the rhetoric gets too hateful, I will remove a comment regardless of who it is directed to.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/23/12 - 08:57 am
Give Mhome owners a

Give Mhome owners a break....I would rather see mhomes with pick up trucks...goboys paying taxes than brick townhomes that the taxpayers pay for.....get real here...some of these homes are costly-roomy-& paid off....

Btw --I have seen words written on homes that you could see from Bobby Jones ...some years back .....funny words ...man/woman fussing with each other..

allhans
allhans 04/23/12 - 09:14 am
So the guy is not smart...not

So the guy is not smart...not even a little bit, maybe. They come in all shapes and sizes.

The guy will be put someplace, hopefully, where he will be taught the laws of the land.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/23/12 - 09:45 am
You are absolutely correct,

You are absolutely correct, Casting_Fool. My apologies.
I've erased my comment.

Tots
Tots 04/23/12 - 10:14 am
Good morning Sean@8 :57am-

Good morning Sean@8 :57am- That's good to know, but that particular post was directed at nobody- that night..It was said to bring a laugh..But i did notice someone did some house cleaning this morning>>>LMFBO!!!! I'll admit it was needed.....LOL!!!

toldyaso
toldyaso 04/23/12 - 10:18 am
Did anyone notice how this

Did anyone notice how this "discussion" has turned into a MH commentary? Hmmmmm-----
I don't agree with Obama, but I will respect the office. This country is closer to national polarity, and the violent repercussions of it than it has been since the civil war. Touchy subject I guess. Maybe we should just keep it to MH people after all.

decaro
decaro 04/23/12 - 12:20 pm
Aren't most homes

Aren't most homes manufactured?

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 04/23/12 - 12:24 pm
I think it depends on the

I think it depends on the poster..countyman is allowed almost daily to post stuff that is off topic on threads and they are never removed.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 04/23/12 - 12:26 pm
Hey sean why can't you guys

Hey sean why can't you guys fix it so we can remove our own posts? There used to be an option to do that, It would save on double posts and other posts that we would remove ourselves.

RichmanA2
RichmanA2 04/23/12 - 12:35 pm
Because this is America, this

Because this is America, this guy has every right to spray paint whatever he wants on the side of his mobile home. That being said, crap like this is exactly why I moved to a non bigoted area. And I don't miss a minuet of it. It's people like this guy, spray painting his trailer, that keep southern stereotypes alive and well.

BloodySunday
BloodySunday 04/23/12 - 12:51 pm
Our nation is now facing an

Our nation is now facing an ugly backlash of racism and intolerance, especially since the election of Barack Obama - and also a frightening rebirth of anti - Semitism, homophobia, and other crippling prejudices. That's what I love about Morris Dees, a white friend of mine in Alabama. He stands up to hate, racism, and intolerance with a deep passion and a remarkable clarity of purpose. He has the courage to hold firm to his beliefs - even in the face of constant threats and even when the Ku Klux Klan fire - bomed his Southern Poverty Law Center's headquarters. Perhaps some day violence, hatred, and bigotry will just be footnotes in a history book. But not yet. Far from it.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 04/23/12 - 01:11 pm
Yes there is so much racism

Yes there is so much racism that a black man was elected even though the population is only 13% black. Racism does exist and it exists in idiots of either color. It only gets press if it's one color against the other. Cue Al and Jessie...

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/23/12 - 03:33 pm
This sort of activity is

This sort of activity is precisely what Bugs Bunny was referring to when he uttered those immortal words, "Wotta maroon!"

Pu239
Pu239 04/23/12 - 07:40 pm
Ahhhh the minuet is so

Ahhhh the minuet is so whimiscal....but the Samba......I love to hear the Samba on my Southern Stereotype