Girl, 5, shot in leg in Augusta home

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:45 PM
Last updated 11:32 PM

A 5-year-old girl was shot in the lower leg Thursday in the 2400 block of Madrid Drive near Barton Chapel Road and Gordon Highway, Richmond County Sheriff’s Sgt. Dan Carrier said. The injuries appeared not to be life-threatening.

Police responded to a fight in the area before the shooting, but the crowd had dispersed when officers arrived. When they responded to a second call, about gunshots in the area, a round had been fired through the wall of a house hitting the girl, Carrier said.

She was in stable condition Thursday night at Medical College of Georgia Hospital, he said. The incident occurred about 7:53 p.m.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/12/12 - 10:34 pm
Interesting. Didn't hear the

Interesting. Didn't hear the gunshot or gunshots this time. That's informative. I DID hear sirens this evening though. Thanks for reporting it.

HighSociety
HighSociety 04/13/12 - 12:52 am
These thugs don't care who

These thugs don't care who they kill. What kind of low life pulls a gun and starts firing into a crowded area. Glad to see that this child's injuries are not life threatening.

rmajor
rmajor 04/13/12 - 01:01 am
Folks just crazy! I don't

Folks just crazy! I don't understand....goodness! Shots fired while children around? Let alone the arguing that probably took place before that around children? I don't understand....I just don't. I really don't want to either....

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 04/13/12 - 01:37 am
As long as you have a

As long as you have a president and attorney general ignoring/condoning death threats the thugs makes in the media, you will se more and more of these shootings. They think it's ok to kill whoever they want.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/13/12 - 09:36 am
janfmy9 - "President Obama he

janfmy9 - "President Obama he did not have anything to do with raising or bearing these thugs."

Your right, but he sure as hell is supporting the way they live!

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 04/13/12 - 09:37 am
Just curious, janfmy9, can

Just curious, janfmy9, can you give one, just one, example of anything our current President has done to improve this country, the economy, or race relations? It seems to me that class warfare and racial divide has been on the incease since 2008. Our goverment is partly (and probably largely) responsible for the behavoir of irresponsible people. They conone and reward irresponsible behavior & then make excuses & blame others.

Please help me see more clearly. What has he done to improve my life, your life, or the lives of U.S. citizens?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/13/12 - 09:47 am
fatboyhog, there has many

fatboyhog, there has many that have ask that same question, as of yet there has been ZERO response. They can not do it because it does not exist...period.

Your comment is dead on.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 04/13/12 - 10:06 am
Bottom ine, a little 5 year

Bottom ine, a little 5 year old girl is inthe hospital because of a stupid person thinking he/she is entitle to kill when they dang well please. Go ask the parents of this little girl what they think of the thug life that is condones in DC.

Janfmy9, you commented to me that everybody blames obama, quit blaming this, that. What did you just do to FATBOYHOG? You blamed HIM for your lame reply! YOU are part of the problem. How about sign off and sign back on with your usual user name!

I'll leave it at this, when obama fires his attorney general for enticing a race riot, go after these thugs that openly threats and put bounties on peoples lives that are not his own race, then steps down from his catastrophic failure as a leader, I'll quit blaming him? Deal?

I'm stll waiting for you to tell me about "people like me". Come on, this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion so please call me the name you have for "people like me". .....(playing theme from Jeopardy here)

Now I do agree with you on one thing, November....it's a wait and see game and if the other parties don't stop imploding, sadly you will be right. We will have 4 more years of catastopic failure in Washington under the obama watch.

janfmy9
janfmy9 04/13/12 - 10:06 am
In his first year, the

In his first year, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act created and sustained 2.1 million jobs and stimulated the economy 3.5%. http://reut.rs/i46CEE

He oversaw the creation of more jobs in 2010 alone than Bush did in eight years. http://bit.ly/hrrnjY

Through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, he saved at least 300,000 education jobs, such as teachers, principals, librarians, and counselors that would have otherwise been lost. http://1.usa.gov/ez30Dc

He made it so that banks could no longer use YOUR money to invest in high-risk financial instruments that work against their own customers’ interests. http://bit.ly/fnTayj

He advocated for and signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which made it a federal crime to assault anyone based on his or her sexual orientation or gender identity. http://bit.ly/gsMSJ7

Under Obama, tax rates for average working families are the lowest they’ve been since 1950. http://bit.ly/f74pD8

And the list goes on, on, on, on and ON.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 04/13/12 - 10:12 am
Wow! that was a lot of

Wow! that was a lot of koolade...you swallowed jan......................

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 04/13/12 - 12:35 pm
Ok you asked, I spend many

Ok you asked, I spend many weekends building homes for CSRA Habitat for Humanity. This includes donating time, tools, and building material. I take kids kayaking on lake olmstead that otherwise would be roaming the streets. I am a fundraiser for the CSRA United Way which covers a broad range of civic functions. Want me to email you a resume? I won't ask you the same question! Let's just agree to have differing opinions of obama! Have a good weekend and don't worry about this forum!

KUTBUDDY
KUTBUDDY 04/13/12 - 02:09 pm
You people still man that a

You people still man that a black man in the white house get over of it. It's sad that this baby got shot. I just thank God she's gonna be ok.

ke4pkb
ke4pkb 04/13/12 - 08:52 pm
janfmy9... what have you been

janfmy9... what have you been inhaling??? IF all these jobs have been CREATED under Obama... why has unemployment went from 5.6% under Bush to more than DOUBLE that under Obama??? The Post Office is FIRING around 20,000 soon, Best Buy almost closing, Some of the big cities the unemployment is MORE than 20%! Factories closing, jobs going overseas, etc... The Nation's debt has more than TRIPLED in his first 3 years, he ran his campaign PROMISING that he would cut the budget by 2 trillions dollars his first year in office. Last week he BULLIED the Supreme Court! Last year when he signed the UN-Constitutional Healthcare Law, CNN (Liberal) took polls showing that 76% of the American people did NOT want it! Fox polls showed 75% did NOT want it. Even key Democrats in the Capitol said NO to it. He has PROVEN himself to be the very least a Socialist, and I fear a DICTATOR who will CANCEL the elections IF he has his way. In my opinion, Obama is the GREATEST threat to our Nation, our Constitution, our way of Life, our freedom and liberties that this nation has EVER faced!

ke4pkb
ke4pkb 04/13/12 - 09:41 pm
janfmy9... Since I posted the

janfmy9... Since I posted the comment above, look what I found out that Obama has signed into LAW... he has just drastically altered the Bill of Rights...

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 04/14/12 - 11:13 am
Y'all exhaust me. As the

Y'all exhaust me. As the Zimmerman 911 call re-edit clearly shows, you cannot rely on the media for facts. The government invented spin predicated on the agenda for the day. That leaves the only other option, which is to use your own observations of this world, and those of folks you truly trust, to make your decisions. In this instance, we are told a little girl inside a house was wounded by a bullet fired from outside which went through the wall. How that morphed into being Obama's fault is pretty amazing.

Obama doesn't live in the CSRA; we do. He's useless as either a solution or source to this problem. Our little neighbor has been shot. How about y'all put away the vitriol on all side and ask, no, demand our local authorities and leaders investigate this, explain this, and get some accountability in play, to include holding the neighborhood accountable for what happens in it.

KSL
KSL 04/14/12 - 11:27 am
Hey Jan, why has the number

Hey Jan, why has the number of people on food stamps risen to all time highs under the zero's watch?

Yep, we personally are paying less in taxes because we are not making as much money. Ain't that good for the economy. After all, you people on the take rely on that good ole tax money. We go down, we take you with us.

KSL
KSL 04/14/12 - 11:31 am
What is Obama doing to keep

What is Obama doing to keep tax rates from skyrocketing in 2013. If you work, you are going to be hit and hit hard. Stop giving zero credit for Bush tax cuts.