Marijuana plant found growing outside North Augusta public housing development

Landscaping workers found a marijuana plant growing outside an apartment in Cameron Cove, a public housing development off West Five Notch Road in North Augusta, on Wednesday morning, according to a North Augusta Public Safety incident report.

The landscapers notified a maintenance supervisor, who placed the plant into a trash bag, according to the report. An officer was called to the scene and collected the evidence, which was sent to be destroyed. A woman living in the apartment near where the plant was found told the officer that she knew nothing about it, according to the incident report.

everybodylies
everybodylies 04/11/12 - 08:44 pm
Say it ain't so!!! Not a

Say it ain't so!!! Not a marijuana plant just outside public housing!!! That seldom happens!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/11/12 - 09:36 pm
Conditions being what they

Conditions being what they are, it's amazing anything can grow around here.

a different drum
a different drum 04/11/12 - 10:03 pm
Perhaps a bird drop the seed?

Perhaps a bird drop the seed?

Retired Army
Retired Army 04/12/12 - 05:33 am
And here we tell the

And here we tell the unemployed to get a job and become self sufficient. Now this. :)

nanowerx
nanowerx 04/12/12 - 06:11 am
Man, what a bunch of Narcs

Man, what a bunch of Narcs those landscapers turned out to be! God forbid a harmless plant grow outside, it might ruin families and corrupt children!!! Think of the children!!!!

rmwardsr
rmwardsr 04/12/12 - 09:02 am
They were just trying to grow

They were just trying to grow their own fruits and vegetables and a little something for relaxation and recreational use!

Newshound
Newshound 04/12/12 - 09:46 am
ONE plant? Seriously? I hope

ONE plant? Seriously? I hope this was meant to be humorous. Otherwise it's a waste of ink and space!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/12/12 - 10:15 am
The First Lady has been

The First Lady has been encouraging garden growing.

Bizkit
Bizkit 04/12/12 - 08:00 pm
Well outdoors it is still in

Well outdoors it is still in the vegetative state-wait till fall for the buds and buzz. So now it pharmacologically has no cannabinoids-so it isn't even a drug. Maybe this person is growing it as a gift for the President who has admitted to his pot smoking.LOL. One plant can yield from a quarter to half a pound of pot-sativa not indica. I had a room mate (for a short period) at UGA who was a member of the Athens Pot Growing Association (you gotta be kiddin-NO!). Needless to say it wasn't my bag (no pun intended) and at that time I wanted to go to Medical School so I wouldn't take the chance. Actually the fellow was really bright and he did teach me alot about the herb. I wonder what happened to him. Probably a professor at UGA now.:)LOL> Gosh that over 40 years ago. He could even be dead by now the more I think about it. Well he should be well preserved-pickled from the inside out. Gosh what if they cremate em. He'd leave more than his carbon footprint wouldn't he?

allhans
allhans 04/13/12 - 08:19 am
A true story. I owned a

A true story. I owned a townhouse at Forest Hills Racquet Club and a visitor asked why I had an mj plant growing by my back deck.
I had no idea what the large plant was and was waiting to see....
He pulled it up and I was brokenhearted...
My assumption was that someone (?) had rolled one and let some seeds fall.