Gunmen force their way into Hephzibah home, man says

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:18 PM
Last updated 4:08 PM

Richmond County investigators are searching for two gunmen who invaded a Hephzibah home Tuesday morning.

According to an incident report, John Houston, 31, returned to his James Drive home around 1 a.m. when he was approached from behind by two men with guns.

Police said they demanded Houston’s wallet and jewelry and followed him inside. In the home, they punched him while pointing a weapon at his head.

The victim’s 30-year-old girlfriend, who was already inside, heard the commotion and grabbed a pistol and fired several rounds at the suspects.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Dan Carrier said there was no indication that the suspects were shot.

Bubbagolf
Bubbagolf 04/10/12 - 02:11 pm
I bet AutumnLeaves heard

I bet AutumnLeaves heard these shots.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/10/12 - 02:24 pm
Do you reckon he was coming

Do you reckon he was coming home from working the evening shift?

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/10/12 - 02:37 pm
I wonder if the laws are

I wonder if the laws are changing to HELP OUT armed robbers too?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/12 - 02:40 pm
You know what...ALeaves has

You know what...ALeaves has been through a lot....too much crime for 1 lifetime...I understand how she feels......south augusta has had MORE than its share .....once ya been hit ya get jaded....I know when someone broke into my home off Wheeless years ago...it took me months B4 I felt safe in my own home again...
I thought every car going by was casing my house....a bad feeling to have...

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/10/12 - 06:33 pm
I agree seenit...feels even

I agree seenit...feels even worse when the person is caught, identified, and NOT arrested. It's a very uneasy feeling. Then to be repeatedly burglarized over and over and over...nobody would know the feeling until it happens to them. And sadly, the law is doing everything they can now to protect the burglars. At this rate, in ten years there should be mass chaos on the streets. Especially when thieves know there is no punishment for what they do. Very sad really.

kiwiinamerica