1 person shot in Augusta

One person was shot Sunday afternoon in the first block of East Walker Street, Richmond County dispatch confirmed.

The call came in at 4:26 p.m. One person was sent to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the hip, and two people are in custody, dispatch said.

No other information was immediately available.

Comments (6)

Tots
Tots 04/08/12 - 05:38 pm

1 person shot in Augusta

1 person shot in Augusta
??? OK,that would be one for today..Yes,it made me look..Hope they will be ok ..

madgerman
madgerman 04/08/12 - 06:05 pm

Where is reverend AL to raise

Where is reverend AL to raise the outrage of this senseless slaughter?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/08/12 - 10:26 pm

Heard 12 or more gunshots out

Heard 12 or more gunshots out in Deansbridge/Bobby Jones area about 1am this morning. Then heard a couple farther away this afternoon. Why would anyone be shooting off guns??? This is an area with subdivisions, not hunting grounds.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 04/09/12 - 08:02 am

master's week is over time

master's week is over time for the rats and roaches to come back out, hey sheriff taylor....ooops i mean strength you can go back of centralized policing now the masters is over

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/09/12 - 08:29 am

12 or more gunshots & no one

12 or more gunshots & no one knows a theeeng.....that needs to change if you want a safe neighborhood again....if you see something---say something!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/12 - 09:39 am

I hope I never get shot in my

I hope I never get shot in my Augusta....

Bubbagolf
Bubbagolf 04/09/12 - 11:48 am

Autumnleaves-- If I had a

Autumnleaves-- If I had a penny for every so called shot that you have heard over the past few weeks, then I would be a millionaire. Next time you hear shots get in your car and investigate the situation, then report the details not just that you heard a few shots. We don't care!!!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/09/12 - 06:33 pm

Your math skills need help

Your math skills need help Bubbagolf, so do your safety skills. What kind of idiot goes outside and hunts down the source of gunshots? I don't want to have to be the next target or have to shoot someone in self-defense if I can avoid it. I was close enough, indoors, ALREADY, thank you. When I call dispatch, they certainly don't recommend that I go outside, get in my car and hunt down the shooter/s. I simply tell them where I am and how close I think the shots are so maybe between my report of gunfire and anyone else that calls in, they can figure out where they are most likely originating from and investigate it. I really don't care that you don't care, that's your problem. It's people that just criticize others for doing the right thing that have let this city/county slide into the muddy mess it is now. I document shots online in case some one that DOES care will have a reference to time and approximate place of shots in case anyone else that was told at the time of the incident drops the ball.

Bubbagolf
Bubbagolf 04/10/12 - 07:00 am

It really bothers me to think

It really bothers me to think that you have a firearm. With all of the shots you here, how do we know that you are not the shooter trying to get attention since obviously all you do is sit inside and count gunshots. What a miserable way to spend your days. By the way, I have lived in South Augusta for 33 years. The difference is, I live in the only good neighborhood left. We dont have thugs running around and shooting 12-15 shots. They know if they do, we will investigate and shoot them on sight. If everyone would take this approach then all Sect 8 people would leave this town and it might be nice again. Why do you think Columbia county doesnt have these problems? For one they dont have people sitting around waiting to report gunshots because they have a job so they can support themselves but most importantly they dont allow scum in their county like we do. So please let me know how many gunshots you (FIRE) here today!!!!!

New chair gets vet off-road to fish

Army veteran Henry Kent's new Action Trackchair has attachments for fishing, with a holder for his fishing pole and a built-in tackle box, but others can be outfitted with gunracks for hunting.