Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Woman arrested after shots fired outside Waffle House in Augusta

Friday, April 6, 2012 6:44 AM
Last updated 8:21 PM

An argument involving a large group of women early Friday morning led to at least four gunshots being fired outside an Augusta Waffle House and the arrest of one of the women, police said.

Fletcher
Fletcher

Dinikka Fletcher, 33, was arrested and charged with four counts of pointing a firearm at another and one count of reckless conduct, according to jail records.

Richmond County sheriff’s Deputy A.Q. McKinney said the shots were fired shortly before 5 a.m. when about 15 women coming from a south Augusta bar got into an argument at the Waffle House at 3417 Wrightsboro Road.

Authorities said one of the women pointed a handgun at employees inside the restaurant and then fired approximately six shots outside. McKinney said four .40-caliber shell casings were found just outside the front door of the restaurant.

Three weapons were confiscated. Two handguns were found in separate vehicles stopped not far from the incident. A resident also found a handgun tossed out at Taco Bell on Wrightsboro Road.

Really_Really
Really_Really 04/06/12 - 07:17 am
Wow, just Wow.

Wow, just Wow.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 07:20 am
I bet you could have calmly

I bet you could have calmly sat in the Waffle House eating your waffles while the bullets flew reminding yourself they only shoot each other as the RCSO and Austin remind us often.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/06/12 - 07:37 am
Shoot out at the Waffle

Shoot out at the Waffle House......OMG....dang ........I might have to get another gun to wear while visiting with yall.....:)

Where is the Sheriff??

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 04/06/12 - 08:02 am
dear seenit, you can find the

dear seenit,
you can find the sheriff and most of the deputies in the fake eyeglass, nose, and beard patrolling up and down washington road trying to catch people "scalping" or selling master's tickets/badgets too close to the gates.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 04/06/12 - 08:05 am
They're everywhere. However,

They're everywhere. However, I hardly doubt any master's guest were in that area at 5 am. If they can afford the master's they.....hmmmmm...nevermind. It'll just get thrown out. It isn't funny but just a little bit as an afterthought. That many women at 5 am already is unpleasant to me. I'm up early, but to go to work. Y'all have a good day now.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 04/06/12 - 08:06 am
You got egg on your face, you

You got egg on your face, you big disgrace. Just had to.

allhans
allhans 04/06/12 - 08:13 am
These are dangerous time,

These are dangerous time, folks. If you can't even safely eat a waffle...my, my!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/06/12 - 08:27 am
I bet they all had a

I bet they all had a CWP..........

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 04/06/12 - 08:38 am
When Miss Mary decided it was

When Miss Mary decided it was time to retire from the third shift at this WH, I knew it was time for me to find another spot to drink early-morning coffee. Miss Mary explained, "When the daughter of two of my neighbors cussed me out one morning after I remarked that her behavior was disgracing her parents, I knew it was time to go."

madgerman
madgerman 04/06/12 - 08:48 am
Where oh where is reverend Al

Where oh where is reverend Al when we need him? Who wants to bet they were all on welfare with hundred dollar nail jobs,hundred dollar wigs the latest and greatest cell phones,and half a dozen kids left at home by themselves.

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/06/12 - 09:00 am
As usual, alcohol is

As usual, alcohol is involved.

happychimer
happychimer 04/06/12 - 09:40 am
I heard it had something to

I heard it had something to do with a facebook comment.

happychimer
happychimer 04/06/12 - 09:44 am
Waffle House has good

Waffle House has good breakfast food. Yes well off people eat at Waffle House. I know one who ate there when he came to GA, and he told us Waffle House is one of his favorites. Of course, he does not put on airs and act like he is better than others.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/06/12 - 09:48 am
Happy...I hate it too when

Happy...I hate it too when people put on "airs"....that is the reason I always liked Simon Cowell.....t-shirt & jeans guy...even as a multi millionaire. :)

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 04/06/12 - 09:51 am
Yep.....I can picture it now.

Yep.....I can picture it now. A whole bunch o' coochie sistahs in dresses three sizes too small, all the worse for wear after a night of drinkin' and carousin', converging on the Waffle House and fussin' at each other about who has the biggest butt.

A good time was had by all.

Happy Easter.

watchingclosely
watchingclosely 04/06/12 - 10:11 am
Without a doubt we always

Without a doubt we always showcase our best and brightest for our out of town guests. We're proud to provide them such a broad cultural experience: 72 holes of championship golf at the Augusta National, six holes (and counting) in the ceiling and walls of a local eatery. The richness of the Garden City! We wouldn't live anywhere else!

tanbaby
tanbaby 04/06/12 - 11:26 am
probably something that

probably something that somebody's baby daddy's cousins uncle said about somebody else...

Farmboy
Farmboy 04/06/12 - 11:28 am
It would be nice to live in a

It would be nice to live in a world where we don't have to be around people like this. Pure filth. Please protect your children from situations like this.

Common.sense
Common.sense 04/06/12 - 12:43 pm
How do you protect your

How do you protect your children from situations like this when they can happen anywhere?

pumpkinpie
pumpkinpie 04/06/12 - 12:56 pm
ooops no more waffle house

ooops no more waffle house for me..gordon hwy 2 many fights,northleg waitress are getto and beg for tips now guns @ wrightsbro..whers huddle house( here we come)

raul
raul 04/06/12 - 01:47 pm
Fifteen women coming off a

Fifteen women coming off a night of clubbin' at 5 am. Guess they were all off from work today.

SON of Scoob
SON of Scoob 04/06/12 - 03:34 pm
must have been arguing about

must have been arguing about a rafle ticket

KSL
KSL 04/06/12 - 03:46 pm
I have never witnessed a 15

I have never witnessed a 15 woman arguement and I hope I never do.

KSL
KSL 04/06/12 - 03:47 pm
raul, they probably don't

raul, they probably don't have to work.

happychimer
happychimer 04/06/12 - 04:44 pm
If they were fighting over a

If they were fighting over a man, I bet he is in hiding right now.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/06/12 - 05:09 pm
I am just surprised, no,

I am just surprised, no, amazed, at what must have been almost instantaneous police response. To apprehend the shooter as well as to find two more vehicles with handguns before they evaporated into the city? Astounding.

raul
raul 04/06/12 - 05:54 pm
I see this made the Drudge

I see this made the Drudge Report. Too bad there wasn't video.

TK3
TK3 04/06/12 - 07:34 pm
The shooter was lucky a

The shooter was lucky a customer didn't shoot back !
Never go anywhere unarmed.

KSL
KSL 04/06/12 - 07:39 pm
Happy, I would like to know

Happy, I would like to know who this man was who had 15 women arguing over him, enough to draw a weapon. LOL.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/06/12 - 07:41 pm
rmwards....... I like fuzzy

rmwards.......
I like fuzzy little puppies too.....ya wanta make "sumthin" out of that too...GEEEZ