Richmond County authorities searching for missing inmate

The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a missing inmate from the Augusta Transitional Center.

Julius Taylor, 43, has been missing from the transitional center since Tuesday, according to Richmond County dispatch.

He was serving a 20-year-sentence for a 2007 robbery in Laurens County.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/21/12 - 11:06 am
Now, at last, the Chronicle

Now, at last, the Chronicle has published an article with the proper use of a mug shot. I salute you.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/21/12 - 11:49 am
Oh, I think any use of a mug

Oh, I think any use of a mug shot is valid in any crime related article. Particularly in those "Police are looking for" articles. It's good for the public to see how many repeat offenders our judges turn loose on the street to prey on us.

stillamazed
stillamazed 03/21/12 - 12:40 pm
What is a transitional

What is a transitional center? I don't know much about jails......:)

David Parker
David Parker 03/21/12 - 01:02 pm
transitional center, SO I"VE

transitional center, SO I"VE HEARD, is the place where you transition out of county lock up and prepare to go into the State prison system.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/21/12 - 01:50 pm
Well that explains the

Well that explains the increased police presence in the CSRA I noticed yesterday afternoon. I wondered why there were so many more law enforcement vehicles out than usual.

a different drum
a different drum 03/21/12 - 08:09 pm
Why do they say “missing

Why do they say “missing inmate”? Shouldn’t they say “escaped inmate”?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/21/12 - 10:20 pm
Well, I reckon if he was

Well, I reckon if he was abducted, he didn't escape...... LOL.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.