Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

5-year-old in critical condition; father charged with child cruelty

Monday, March 12, 2012 2:26 PM
Last updated 11:50 PM

A 5-year-old is in critical condition after being abused by her father Sunday night, police said.

Investigators were called to Doctors Hospital where the child had been brought around 9 p.m. after she became unresponsive in her father’s home on the 2900 block of Gordon Highway. The child was transported to Medical College of Georgia with a brain bleed.

Her father, Willie Clifford Jones, 22, was jailed today on charges of first degree cruelty to children.

Police said Jones had been caring for the child during the past month while her grandmother, who she lives with, was having surgery.

Details are not being released on the object Jones used on the child. Police are also investigating the circumstances that led to the charge of abuse.

LLArms
LLArms 03/12/12 - 02:45 pm
Code of Conduct prevents me

Code of Conduct prevents me from saying what needs to be said about this man.

GaStang22
GaStang22 03/12/12 - 03:01 pm
Guess family violence classes

Guess family violence classes didn't work. Hopefully since he used his first offender on the last violent act, is on probation, and the family violence treatment didn't work, someone will open their eyes and realize this criminal needs to be behind bars for looooooong loooong time. Man this was hard to type without using words that would get me banned. What a low life. Too bad his last victim just shot him in the leg and didn't stop him permanently!!!!!!

GaStang22
GaStang22 03/12/12 - 03:04 pm
Makes me sick to think of all

Makes me sick to think of all the people who cry sterilization is wrong because its the right of losers like this to have more kids to abuse. What about the kids rights to not be abused!!! Yeah step in afterwards if you can before they kill them, but noooo dont prevent it from the start.

GaStang22
GaStang22 03/12/12 - 03:08 pm
Payers for this little angel.

Payers for this little angel. So sorry some people allowed your life to be left in the hands of a known violent criminal. =(

GaStang22
GaStang22 03/12/12 - 06:25 pm
Wow, no one posting on this

Wow, no one posting on this lowlife who did this to a child??

notsurprised
notsurprised 03/12/12 - 06:42 pm
i agree with the above post

i agree with the above post on this.......wow

boomhauer
boomhauer 03/12/12 - 06:43 pm
I understand LL...let me say

I understand LL...let me say it for you. What a low life piece of &^%&^!

happychimer
happychimer 03/12/12 - 08:37 pm
I hope he gets what he gave!

I hope he gets what he gave!

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 03/12/12 - 08:52 pm
@happychimer, With a

@happychimer, With a mulitipler of astronomical proprtions.

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 03/12/12 - 09:10 pm
He's no man. No man abuses

He's no man. No man abuses his child.

my.voice
my.voice 03/12/12 - 09:39 pm
Let's pray the child

Let's pray the child recovers. My word, man, what the devil is wrong with you?

Retired Army
Retired Army 03/12/12 - 11:34 pm
A five year old girl? Shame

A five year old girl? Shame is way to easy and like other posters banishment for what I think and feel about this is a real possibility. Is low life thug too harsh?

Gamecocks5
Gamecocks5 03/13/12 - 05:09 am
some people just shouldn't

some people just shouldn't have kids

CABoatright
CABoatright 03/13/12 - 07:12 am
Target practice...

Target practice...

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/13/12 - 09:07 am
I am praying for her full

I am praying for her full recovery and that there is a qualified family member who will come forward and give her a safe and nurturing home. The DA should find a way to put him where he will never have another opportunity to hurt her or anyone else again.

LLArms
LLArms 03/13/12 - 10:05 am
On the same note, the laws of

On the same note, the laws of our country prevent me from handling this person like he needs to be handled.

In general you will find that people who beat on children are not interested in acting this way with another grown adult.

ripjones256
ripjones256 03/13/12 - 10:14 am
Abuse -- child, elder, or

Abuse -- child, elder, or animal, should be made up to and including a capital offense. Execute him. Those who cannot defend themselves, must be defended by others (us).

allhans
allhans 03/13/12 - 11:10 am
Our laws are much too lenient

Our laws are much too lenient in regard to parental abuse of children. Children deserve better.

follower 03/13/12 - 11:24 am
There is a procedure to

There is a procedure to prevent this "man?" from every having children again. If he's guilty, schedule the operation..... pronto.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/13/12 - 11:37 am
allhans, I so agree with

allhans, I so agree with that. We see that in the charges and also the length of time, if any, a parent serves for harming or killing their own children. More time is given in “stranger” deaths, than familial. As if being related somehow excuses or explains the behavior. Worth nothing in the womb, and not much more out of it. Hard to believe that there are people who do not cherish and protect their children. Insanity.

proudgunowner
proudgunowner 03/13/12 - 07:50 pm
How about everyone chill out

How about everyone chill out and let the legal system do its job....The man has only been ACCUSED and some of you want vigilante justice to be served on him. Remember the Duke lacrosse players? It may not have been the father who injured the child, and he is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. Just pray for the child now.