Augusta teenager robbed, stripped of his clothes in Meadowbrook

A teenager was robbed and stripped of his clothes while he was running in a park in Augusta’s Meadowbrook section Monday afternoon, police said.

The 16-year-old told deputies he was in the park at the end of Meadowlark Road when he saw two men take his bag and walk behind the rest rooms.

The teen said when he went to confront the men, one showed him a black gun and the other hit him with what appeared to be brass knuckles. The men then stripped the boy of his shorts and shirt, and took them along with his cellphone, according to a Richmond County sheriff’s incident report.

The boy said one of the men was wearing a black ski mask, camouflage jacket, dark pants and white athletic shoes. The second was also in a camouflage jacket, with dark pants and black shoes.

Patty-P
Patty-P 02/21/12 - 12:12 am
Same kids on the move....same

Same kids on the move....same that cycles through the 'system' and are back doing more of the same. They need an alternative solution for teen troublemakers.

nycweeks
nycweeks 02/21/12 - 01:55 am
Alternative solution = public

Alternative solution = public humiliation. Prison is definitely not punishment for all criminals...for some it is a good thing to go to jail. It is glorified in "urban" music, movies, and culture. Tough-guy, male criminals can be forced to wear a sign saying, "I'm a little girl and I want some pretty things. I need a man to take care of me, or I will be forced to take them from someone else, again." Similar humiliating activities can be devised for particular ethnicity, age, and genders. Punishment is elusive and the methods for achieving that elusive outcome must be creatively adjusted according to that unique individual's special make-up.

SON of Scoob
SON of Scoob 02/21/12 - 06:17 am
It would certainly help to

It would certainly help to know the race of these young criminals.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/21/12 - 12:34 pm
Not too bright to confront

Not too bright to confront two men stealing your bag , one wearing a ski mask. Think I would have made a different plan.

Bring back the chain gang. Work them till they drop.

David Parker
David Parker 02/21/12 - 04:01 pm
We should go Minority Report

We should go Minority Report on all crime

MadMom
MadMom 02/21/12 - 07:07 pm
Hello everyone this was my

Hello everyone this was my son and I am more than upset. The Augusta Chronicle did not report the entire situation that happened. And the police told me that they are too short on officers to be able to really do something about it. My son was held with the gun to his head while lying on the ground, then they made him unlock his cell phone password. They started beating him while he was laying on the ground with the brass knuckes. There were four boys that did this, NOT two! They stripped him completly naked not just his shorts and t-shirt. I searched all night for them! I am offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest of all these boys. Son of Scoob they were black, and my son was practicing for track while at his Grandfather's house. We live in Columbia county and they picked him because he wasn't from the neighborhood. It's a shame because my son's father and I grew up in that area and to see what it has become disqust me. Mother's are too busy partying and get high to care what their children are doing. I need the community to really step in, cause we are losing our young men to senseless violence and the prison. If you have any information please contact the investigators at The Augusta-Richmond County Sheriff Department.

MadMom
MadMom 02/21/12 - 07:30 pm
Hello everyone this is my son

Hello everyone this is my son and I am very mad. Augusta Chronicle did not post the situation correctly.They picked him cause he's not from around there. We are from Columbia County. My son was at his grandfather's house practicing for the track team when a black boy snatched his bookbag and ran behind the bathroom in the park, my son chased him not knowing there was three other boys behind there. They put the gun to his head and made him strip out of his clothes. They took his phone and made him unlock the password on it. Then held him on the ground and began beating him with brass knuckles in his head while he was on the ground. There were four boys, NOT two! They ran off in the direction of Spring Glen & Meadowlark Subdivision. It's sad because my son's father & I grew up on MeadowBrook & to see what it has become sickens me! The police told me that they are short handed in the department to really be able to handle all of the calls in a timely manner. My son could be dead. I thank God that they didn't kill him, but they need to be caught. I am offering a reward for any information leading to their arrest. Please call the Augusta-Richmond County Sheriff Department in you have any information.

MadMom
MadMom 02/21/12 - 07:37 pm
Parents are too busy going to

Parents are too busy going to clubs and getting high to care where their children are, or what they are doing. I urge parents to start taking an active role in finding out what their children are doing before it is too late and they end up dead. This is why I don't let my children go anywhere, and they are teenagers. They aren't safe anywhere cause children that don't have enough love and attention want to steal things and take lives. Tell your kids you love them, hug them, and talk to them and find out what's wrong in their lives before it's too late, but most of all don't stop praying and covering them with the Blood of Christ everyday.

cozzster
cozzster 02/23/12 - 06:32 am
"Mother's are too busy

"Mother's are too busy partying and get high to care what their children are doing."

Lol...this is pretty much parenting 101 in the south. The state of GA is full of welfare mom's who expect everything to be given to them and paid for by someone else. There are plenty of men out there who do the same thing. It is disgusting to have seen it while I was down there and I am glad to be gone from the state.

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...