Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Father in bus attack in jail

Monday, Jan. 30, 2012 11:01 AM
Last updated 10:45 PM

A father who police say punched a school bus window and assaulted the bus’ driver Wednesday is being held at the Emanuel County Jail after being apprehended in Swainsboro, Ga.

Richmond County Department of School Safety and Security said Robert Corey Williams Sr., 36, flagged down the driver on Deans Bridge Road Wednesday afternoon and then demanded his child be allowed off the bus. The driver refused because of safety protocols.

Authorities said Williams then became irate, punched out the school bus window and attempted to pulled driver off the bus.

School spokesman Louis Svehla said authorities will request Williams be transferred back to Richmond County.

He faces charges of terroristic threats and acts, criminal interference with government property and battery of a school official.

David Parker
David Parker 01/30/12 - 12:22 pm
I would go to that length if

I would go to that length if my child was in imminent danger due to being on that bus. The threat would have to be quite real and obvious though. His reasoning and proving as much will be the deciding factor on whether punishment is applied.

happychimer
happychimer 01/30/12 - 01:43 pm
David have you checked out

David have you checked out his past? He is a sex offender. That is what I heard on tv and read on another news site.

happychimer
happychimer 01/30/12 - 01:54 pm
Yes I found it on the Georgia

Yes I found it on the Georgia sex offenders online. sexual battery and public indecency.convicted 12-15- 2003

JohnScott213
JohnScott213 01/30/12 - 04:34 pm
Yes, I can confirm the fact

Yes, I can confirm the fact that he is a sex offender. When I worked for the Richmond County Sheriff's Office, I arrested him after a long car chase that ended up in Burke County. At that time, he had fourteen counts of child molestation, which were mainly in reference to his committing acts of public indecency at elementary schools. I wish I could say that I'm surprised about his release so soon, but I'm not.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/31/12 - 06:48 am
Whoa, I need another cup of

Whoa, I need another cup of coffee. Read the heading this morning and thought, what?, a man was attacked by a bus in jail. Had to read it a second time to get it. LOL

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 07:32 am
The bus driver did the right

The bus driver did the right thing.....ya'll are aware that some jerks follow school buses & lurk around to kidnap the kids....this is going on around this neck of the woods..........many moms have been watching at bus stops to prevent this.
The world is full of crazy folks.....ya know whatta mean....

David Parker
David Parker 01/31/12 - 04:43 pm
He would have a hard time

He would have a hard time proving his reasoning being on the sex-offenders list then. My point still stands though.

btw, did anyone determine if the guy's kid was even on the bus? That should clarify alot if there was no child onboard belonging to the perp.