Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Driver sought after hitting gas pump in N. Augusta

Friday, Jan. 27, 2012 7:13 AM
Last updated 3:44 PM

NORTH AUGUSTA — Public safety officers are searching for a tractor-trailer driver who hit a gas pump Friday morning and then drove away.

Authorities were called to Four Seasons, 901 Edgefield Road, about 1:20 a.m. after employees said a burgundy tractor-trailer pulled up to the front of the store, hit a pump and then immediately left, driving north on U.S. Highway 25.

According to an incident report, deputies saw that the steel barrier was broken, the concrete platform was crushed and the gas pump had lifted off the ground.

The tractor-trailer was described as burgundy with a sleeper cab and the word “Perdue” on the side.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/12 - 07:20 am
Where are ya RKill......(just

Where are ya RKill......(just kidding).....I know you are a great driver.....millions of miles w/o accident...

REDRIDER
REDRIDER 01/27/12 - 07:25 am
What does struck and pump

What does struck and pump mean?

allhans
allhans 01/27/12 - 07:49 am
Maybe it means struck the

Maybe it means struck the pump? I read it that way, didn't even notice "and". That happens when I scan.

David Parker
David Parker 01/27/12 - 08:52 am
Another blow to the oil

Another blow to the oil companies! That is why the driver did this right?

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/27/12 - 10:23 am
LOL seenitB4, thought the

LOL seenitB4, thought the same thing concerning RK. :)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/27/12 - 11:18 am
Twasn't me. I am in Memphis

Twasn't me. I am in Memphis TN. And in a platinum (silver) pumpkin.

palmettogreg
palmettogreg 01/27/12 - 01:07 pm
Perhaps they should call

Perhaps they should call Perdue? Am I missing something?

Pu239
Pu239 01/27/12 - 10:35 pm
Sonny hit a gas pump in NA?

Sonny hit a gas pump in NA?

City Ink: New board means more work for me

First Mayor-elect Hardie Davis will be sworn in, and the very next day the work will begin. Commissioners will meet and the gavel will fall. It will be a brand new day at City Hall.