Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Suspect caught with pants down

Friday, Jan. 27, 2012 3:33 PM
Last updated 4:16 PM

A 51-year-old Greenwood, S.C., man was jailed Thursday after deputies discovered him with his pants down and crack cocaine in his pocket.

Kevin Dale Price  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Kevin Dale Price

According to an Richmond County Sheriff’s incident report, deputies attempted to initiate a traffic stop after noticing the man speeding through Harrisburg about 11:30 a.m.

The driver, Kevin Dale Price, finally came to a stop on Montrose Street. When deputies approached the vehicle, they discovered Price had his pants pulled down around his ankles and was exposed. Deputies later uncovered a piece of unsmoked crack cocaine in a pipe in his front pants pocket.

Price was charged with obstruction of a law enforcement officer, possession of a controlled substance and public indecency.

David Parker
David Parker 01/27/12 - 03:49 pm
He looks like he's got a good

He looks like he's got a good sense of humor about it. Just looking to party i guess.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/27/12 - 04:00 pm
I was expecting a picture of

I was expecting a picture of a young fellow who had used his pants holding hand to swat a bee.

why not
why not 01/27/12 - 04:17 pm
I wonder which beauty shop he

I wonder which beauty shop he uses? Nice elderly woman hairdo.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/27/12 - 04:33 pm
Is being in your car

Is being in your car considered "in public?" It seems you ought to be able to have your pants down in your own car!

rmwardsr
rmwardsr 01/27/12 - 04:45 pm
He may have been doing some

He may have been doing some "open air advertising". With a hairdo like that it certainly makes one wonder what kind of lifestyle he leads.

jaxco
jaxco 01/27/12 - 06:25 pm
It's Disco Stu! He pulled

It's Disco Stu! He pulled over on montrose but he was spotted and blue-lighted on Cumming Rd.... (True story)

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/27/12 - 07:54 pm
@Little Lamb, I thought the

@Little Lamb, I thought the same thing! If he had his thingy or other stuff out in his vehicle it wasn't in the public! LOL!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/12 - 08:04 pm
He could always say he had a

He could always say he had a bee or wasp in the pants & had to remove them....
I don't think I've ever seen a smiling face in that much trouble...B4

KSL
KSL 01/27/12 - 08:11 pm
Public indecency? That's a

Public indecency? That's a bit much. He was in his moving vehicle.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 01/27/12 - 09:27 pm
If this is his mug shot, he

If this is his mug shot, he doesn't appear to grasp the significance of the whole situation. Looks like he's posing for his cruise photo.

allhans
allhans 01/27/12 - 10:48 pm
Is it legal to ride around

Is it legal to ride around undressed?

KSL
KSL 01/27/12 - 11:05 pm
I guess it depends on state

I guess it depends on state laws. Is your vehicle an extension of your house when it comes to gun laws. If so, pants laws?

KSL
KSL 01/27/12 - 11:11 pm
Then we get into

Then we get into discrimination. Women can't ride around without their clothes on because their nudity is visible through car windows. But men, on the other hand, have an advantage when it comes to their exposure.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/27/12 - 11:11 pm
I walk around on my deck in a

I walk around on my deck in a tshirt and skivvies. Is that public indecency?

KSL
KSL 01/27/12 - 11:15 pm
He was stopped for speeding

He was stopped for speeding and and they found drug stuff. Send him to jail, with or without his pants.

KSL
KSL 01/27/12 - 11:20 pm
I would say no, but I'm not a

I would say no, but I'm not a legal adviser. We have neighbors who skinny dip in their pool in their backyard? Is that illegal? They have a privancy fence, but being up the hill from them......

allhans
allhans 01/27/12 - 11:32 pm
I've heard that women will

I've heard that women will show themselves to drivers of larger vehicles at times, just for fun. (It never happened to me)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/27/12 - 11:50 pm
Oops. I forgot.

Oops. I forgot.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 01/28/12 - 12:01 am
What a world. A man in his

What a world. A man in his own car with his pants down is arrested (which no one could see), but a man dropping his pants while everyone could see him, while he was trespassing on private property, was not arrested. I guess different people are held to different standards.

KSL
KSL 01/28/12 - 12:32 am
According to this report no

According to this report no one knew his pants were down until he was stopped by and approached by police. Let's keep the charges right.

KSL
KSL 01/28/12 - 12:34 am
So it would seem,

So it would seem, Autumnleaves.

KSL
KSL 01/28/12 - 12:36 am
Hey, I'm not taking up for

Hey, I'm not taking up for this character (not the word I would use for him), but get real about the charges, please and make the case stick.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 05:46 am
Now we know ksl has a birds

Now we know ksl has a birds eye view of neighbors nekkid in the pool....& anotherday walks around almost nekkkid on his deck....where do you live anotherday??? :)

jackrussell
jackrussell 01/28/12 - 06:09 am
He had his junk in his hand,

He had his junk in his hand, not just exposed. And would you feel that it was not proper to charge him with public indecency if you and your child rode beside him in a truck or SUV and saw it? You do not have the same expectation of privacy in a car as you do in your home. If you are in your car on a public road or in a public area (ie parking lot, rest stop, etc) it is not only possible, but likely that someone will walk by or drive by your vehicle and be able to see in. Remember those things called windows? You can see THROUGH them.

proud2bamerican
proud2bamerican 01/28/12 - 10:45 am
You are correct on all counts

You are correct on all counts "jackrussell"!! One has to wonder what he might have done next considering what he was already doing, and who he may have chosen to involve. It is a huge blessing that he was caught when he was...on drugs and wandering around in his car!! Good job on making the stop!!

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/28/12 - 02:20 pm
Hey jackrussell I didn't

Hey jackrussell I didn't think the article said anything other than he was exposed!

allhans
allhans 01/28/12 - 02:29 pm
He had his pants down. Of

He had his pants down. Of course he was exposed.

Christmas Eve storm possible

ATLANTA - Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.