Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man, 63, admits impregnating teen, sentenced

Friday, Jan. 13, 2012 12:44 PM
Last updated 9:33 PM

A 63-year-old man who impregnated a teenager received a reduced sentence of 10 years in prison on Friday.

Norman White pleaded guilty to child molestation in return for a departure from the maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. He will serve 10 years probation upon his release and register as a sex offender.

Assistant District Attorney Hank Syms said that the girl told a teacher at Glenn Hills High School in February that White was the father. Two paternity tests after the child was born proved it, Syms said.

White apologized for his actions, saying “I get angry at myself every day I look in the mirror.”

kmb413
kmb413 01/13/12 - 04:42 pm
eww

eww

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/13/12 - 05:01 pm
So much can be said about

So much can be said about this one.......but they would disappear or offend someone.

like-it-is
like-it-is 01/13/12 - 05:50 pm
you are right, eww. He should

you are right, eww. He should never get out. thank goodness this young lady told her teacher

tanbaby
tanbaby 01/13/12 - 07:46 pm
rape???? he gets angry at

rape???? he gets angry at himself...bet he wasn't getting angry before....

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/13/12 - 07:59 pm
Yeah. Angry he got caught.

Yeah. Angry he got caught.

happychimer
happychimer 01/13/12 - 09:56 pm
What was her name. The Bobbit

What was her name. The Bobbit woman. She'd know how to handle this.

Dixieman
Dixieman 01/13/12 - 10:55 pm
Lorena Bobbit.

Lorena Bobbit.

xpresso1
xpresso1 01/14/12 - 12:45 am
This makes me sick! I am also

This makes me sick! I am also angry that they allowed him a plea bargain. They had proof positive that he did this with the paternity test so why in the world let him plea down to 10 years? Yes I know people will say well he will probably die before he gets out anyway, my response is so what? That is not the point, he needs to be made an example out of, as well as any other monster who wants to molest children. They should NEVER be released from prison. Just think how many innocent children could be saved by keeping all of these people locked away forever! I don't care if I do offend someone with my statement, I will never change my mind on how these predators should be dealt with.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 01/14/12 - 04:10 am
Shrimp, that's what I say

Shrimp, that's what I say every time I see one of these cases. Could save a ton of taxpayer money.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 08:02 am
I wish the article had said

I wish the article had said how old the girl is. Georgia has a surprisingly young age of consent...that should be changed.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 01/14/12 - 01:27 pm
RM1 @ 7:02 AM, I agree. How

RM1 @ 7:02 AM,

I agree. How old was the girl at the time of the sexual activity? Who was the sentencing judge? The defendant's attorney?

KUDOS to the Glenn Hills High teacher and administration for doing their duty by reporting the crimes.

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.