Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Columbia County man charged with felony hit-and-run after turning himself in

Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 8:32 PM
Last updated Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012 1:01 AM

A Columbia County man turned himself in to the Richmond County jail Friday in connection with a hit-and-run in December that left a woman dead.

Richmond County Sheriff’s Lt. Robbie Silas said Charles Green told officers where to find the vehicle that hit 45-year-old Blossom Wallace on Dec. 28. She was hit while pushing a grocery cart across the eastbound lanes of Gordon Highway, near the Molly Pond Road intersection.

Green is being charged with felony hit-and-run for leaving the scene of the accident. Because investigators said Wallace was at fault, Green will not be charged with murder, Silas said.

justputtin
justputtin 01/07/12 - 02:41 am
Tragic! 4 a.m.? Very sad. Two

Tragic! 4 a.m.? Very sad. Two lives lost. May God bless her soul.

RunningMan
RunningMan 01/07/12 - 07:19 am
Why not stop and render

Why not stop and render assistance? I am sure there are many more charges he should get for his part in this.

beboisme
beboisme 01/07/12 - 09:42 am
As the story read she was

As the story read she was pushing a grocery cart at the time she was hit by Green's car. It's very plausible that he thought he just hit a cart left in the highway and went on his way without knowing he actually ran over someone. I'm sure Mr. Green has had a few sleepless nights over this sad event.

OhWell
OhWell 01/07/12 - 09:52 am
beboisme I have to agree with

beboisme I have to agree with you. It could have been just that and when he realized later someone was killed he turned himself in before being arrested. The authorities may have been on his trail but I have seen no reports that state that. I do not know the circumstances and yes he has had many sleepless nights and will have many more. I offer my sympathy to the family of Ms. Wallace no matter what happened she is gone. May she rest in peace.