Candidate Rick Perry in Aiken, North Augusta Wednesday

Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012 9:17 PM
Last updated 9:20 PM

Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry will drop by Aiken and North Augusta on Wednesday, right after Tuesday’s Iowa caucus.

GOP presidential hopeful Rick Perry comes to Aiken, North Augusta this week.  AP
AP
GOP presidential hopeful Rick Perry comes to Aiken, North Augusta this week.

South Carolina state ep. Bill Hixon, R-North Augusta, confirmed Sunday that a “Rally in the Alley” will be held in Aiken at 4:30 p.m., followed by an appearance around 6:30 p.m. at Al’s Family Restaurant on Atomic Road in North Augusta.

“I promised folks in North Augusta I would try my best to get some (presidential candidates) to North Augusta,” said Hixon, who joined the Texas governor’s campaign team right after Perry announced his candidacy in August.

Perry heads into the Republican caucus in Iowa this week facing stiff competition from former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and U.S. Rep Ron Paul. Some recent polls place him coming out in third place on Tuesday.

Hixon described Perry as one of the “nicest, down-to-earth people” after meeting him with other state legislators in Columbia. Wednesday’s meet-and-greet gives people a chance to meet the man behind the cameras, shake his hand and make a personal connection, Hixon said.

Hixon said former another candidate, former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, would also be in town at 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 14 at Old McDonald Fish Camp, 355 Currytown Road, north of North Augusta, near the Edgefield County line.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 04:57 am
AAhhhh....Perry--my

AAhhhh....Perry--my man.......what a hunk......so close but yet so far away.....I wonder if he will be wearing his shooter..
now if someone on here would just teach him a few debating points..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 04:59 am
He should watch those fingers

He should watch those fingers though...

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/12 - 08:41 am
Before I opened this article,

Before I opened this article, I knew SeenIt would have already posted. SeenIt, why are you interested in his fingers?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 08:42 am
Heheh.....you will just have

Heheh.....you will just have to figure that one for yourself....the do have limits on here yaknow!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/02/12 - 08:52 am
There are just some images

There are just some images you do not need in your head before breakfast.

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 01/02/12 - 02:59 pm
Or ever, actually:) hey,

Or ever, actually:) hey, seenit, I knew this would get you back in town,ha!!

KSL
KSL 01/02/12 - 04:19 pm
Seenit, if you come to to

Seenit, if you come to to town, let me know!

KSL
KSL 01/02/12 - 04:21 pm
beans, are you from Aiken?

beans, are you from Aiken?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/12 - 05:18 pm
Beans, what's the regulation

Beans, what's the regulation about not wearing the uniform at political rallies?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/02/12 - 05:55 pm
I would love to see the

I would love to see the hunk...ksl...but can't come this week....I guess I'll have to dream about him...heheh
Are you going to see any politician?