Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

2 Augusta stores robbed Monday night

Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011 4:11 PM
Last updated 7:06 PM

Richmond County sheriff’s investigators are looking for a man who held up two convenience stores in a 10-minute span with a single-barreled shotgun Monday night.

Back | Next
Richmond County sheriff's investigators are searching for this man, who robbed two stores Monday night.   Special
Special

At 10:39 p.m., a man entered the Super Express, 1502 Central Ave., posing as a customer, Lt. Calvin Chew said in an e-mail Tuesday afternoon.

The man pulled out the shotgun and demanded money from the clerk, but another employee threw something at the gunman and scared him. He ran from the store before getting any money, Chew said.

The same man then went to Tip Top Gas, 2447 Wrightsboro Road, at 10:48 p.m. and pointed the same shotgun at the clerk while demanding money from the register. This time, he got an undisclosed amount of cash. The gunman made the clerk follow him outside and told her to stay there while he ran away on foot, Chew said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 821-1080.

happychimer
happychimer 12/27/11 - 06:45 pm
Very good picture. Someone

Very good picture. Someone will see it and tell who he is.

david jennings
david jennings 12/27/11 - 08:50 pm
Armed robbery, should be life

Armed robbery, should be life in prison at least. Those clerks were just a finger slip away from the death penalty. Thank God noone was hurt.

showboat
showboat 12/27/11 - 08:50 pm
somone know this guy you will

somone know this guy you will get a call soon!!!

proudgunowner
proudgunowner 12/27/11 - 08:51 pm
In a Kroger in Indianapolis

In a Kroger in Indianapolis the other day a would be robber was shot to death by a store manager! We need more LEGALLY armed shopkeepers here as well. One 9mm will put an end to a lengthy criminal career.

Willow Bailey
20619
Willow Bailey 12/27/11 - 09:04 pm
And I rest my earlier case

And I rest my earlier case from this morning reference my opinion on patronizing convenience stores.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/27/11 - 09:42 pm
Looks like genius here forgot

Looks like genius here forgot the hoodie. I guess he didn't read the Mini-Market Armed Robbery Instruction Manual. Smile for the camera zero.

raul
raul 12/27/11 - 10:13 pm
I've got a feeling he's done

I've got a feeling he's done some time before, ya think?

Common.sense
Common.sense 12/28/11 - 01:59 am
I didn't know those gas

I didn't know those gas stations stayed open that late. Its very unnerving that I work right around the corner from the Super Express during the night.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 12/28/11 - 03:39 am
I would be willing to bet

I would be willing to bet they are repeat violent offenders that our revolving door justice system has allowed to continue terrorizing our communtiy.

Once caught, go to jail, no bail, convict and then prison for the rest of their life.

cityman
cityman 12/28/11 - 05:21 am
Support the prompt death

Support the prompt death penalty for armed robbery.

cityman
cityman 12/28/11 - 05:23 am
Clerks need to be taught how

Clerks need to be taught how to shot so when the robber truns ..the clerk can blow them away!

rmajor
rmajor 12/28/11 - 11:58 am
He is as good as caught. I'm

He is as good as caught. I'm sure we will get the update. I'm glad the clerk wasn't hurt.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 12/28/11 - 08:06 pm
Something about that photo

Something about that photo makes me want to sneak up behind that guy and sink an ice pick into his skull.

No murder charge for Martinez mother

There is not enough evidence to prosecute a Martinez mother charged with murder in the death of her 5½-month-old son, a judge ruled Tuesday.