Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Commercial air conditioning unit valued at $8,000 stolen

A commercial air conditioning unit valued at $8,000 was reported stolen from the Spirit Creek Sportsmans Club between Tuesday evening and Wednesday afternoon.

The suspect or suspects entered the hunting club’s building at 4544 Mike Padgett Highway by removing the fan from the roof vent, moving the ceiling tiles and dropping to the floor, according to a Richmond County sheriff’s report.

The building was ransacked, an employee told deputies on Thursday. It was not immediately clear if anything inside the building was taken, but the burglar also removed the interior components of two other air conditioning units, causing $500 in damage to each. The lock on a membership box, which sits outside, was cut and an unknown amount of money was taken, according to the report.

Ole School
Ole School 12/23/11 - 04:41 am
ON A HUNTING CLUB ..... i say

ON A HUNTING CLUB ..... i say we go track @! em and then do what hunters to so well !!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 06:26 am
Get the hounds out---track

Get the hounds out---track them down----hunting club--heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/11 - 06:52 am
Ha, do a Deliverance on them.

Ha, do a Deliverance on them. Squeal!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 06:57 am
Can you get your mind off of

Can you get your mind off of sex for 2 minutes???

But you are right ----they need a Burt Reynolds type looking for them...YEEHAW!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/11 - 07:05 am
Ha...SeenIt thinking about

Ha...SeenIt thinking about Rick Perry all the time and telling me to get my mind off sex. Perry, wearing his sixshooter, would jog after them, too. But you know this whole thing of people having things stolen irks me. Go rob a big bank or something. Leave the regular folks alone.

david jennings
david jennings 12/23/11 - 07:12 am
If you want it you better sit

If you want it you better sit beside it with a gun.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 07:13 am
Well you are right---I was

Well you are right---I was thinking of ole Rick...:)...(you know me too well)
He may not be a debater---or entertain like ole Cain can---but he would put a stop to some of the durn STUPID actions of the FED right now...& besides you wouldn't have to"beef" him up...
Don't think you have enough time to make a muscleman out of Paul...
BUT if you could work THAT miracle---heheh---many women on here would pay you to get them in shape---including me...

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 12/23/11 - 08:12 am
A wild guess here, but it

A wild guess here, but it would seem the thieves knew the place and had been there before either as guests or former members. What will be interesting is when they accidentally rat on themselves, will they get invited down in the Savannah River Swamp area for a tag team match with the gators and snakes. Or, will they get a fair chance and be allowed to swim the river with the stolen 500+ lbs AC?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/11 - 08:18 am
Curtain....I think they would

Curtain....I think they would fill them with moonshine & then sit in there with the gators & snakes....with the ropes around their feet & hands.

rmwardsr
rmwardsr 12/23/11 - 11:35 am
Get my lantern, and get my

Get my lantern, and get my gun, ole Red's itching to have a little fun!