Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man arrested after Aiken home invasion

Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011 8:11 PM
Last updated 11:29 PM

A man was arrested in connection with a home invasion that left an 85-year-old woman injured early Saturday morning in Aiken.

James Anthony Garner, 18, was arrested Saturday in Aiken.   Special
Special
James Anthony Garner, 18, was arrested Saturday in Aiken.

James Anthony Garner, 18, was charged with attempted murder, grand larceny and first-degree burglary and is being held without bail in connection with a home invasion in the 300 block of Plantation Drive, according to Aiken County Sheriff’s Capt. Troy Elwell.

Around 4:30 a.m., Fredrix Fox called 911 and said his wife’s mother had called saying her head was bleeding. When they got to the house, Ester Catino was sitting on her couch in the den bleeding from her head, according to a police report.

Catino told officers she had noticed her jewelry box had been moved to the hallway. She picked it up and moved it back into her bedroom and went to her bed. She then noticed a white male and was immediately hit in the head with something. Fox told police the man had taken her jewelry box, the report said.

Fox walked the perimeter of the house and found an overturned planter in the rear of the house.

Garner was found around Hucklebee Drive in his car shortly after.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 12/17/11 - 08:15 pm
Punk

Punk

blues550
blues550 12/17/11 - 08:22 pm
Save tax dollars. Take this

Save tax dollars. Take this clown out and shoot him. An old woman, are you serious???

bumblebeerose
bumblebeerose 12/17/11 - 08:42 pm
This man needs to be put

This man needs to be put under the jail. There are two kinds of people you do not hurt in this world and that is the elderly and children. I hope he spends a long time in jail thinking about what he has done, he will be old one day (maybe) and this could happen to him.

painfully honest
painfully honest 12/17/11 - 10:00 pm
I'm not sure how, but somehow

I'm not sure how, but somehow President Obama has to have something to do with this. (sarcasm)

juantez
juantez 12/18/11 - 01:59 am
Livin' the gangsta' life.

Livin' the gangsta' life. Good luck wit dat.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 06:40 am
85 year ole woman....man oh

85 year ole woman....man oh man....what a tough guy you are..punk!

madgerman
madgerman 12/18/11 - 08:01 am
This may be disgusting, but

This may be disgusting, but what the courts will actually do in this case will be far more disgusting. Just remember that we are a nation of laws and the folks who write the laws were sent there to represent us.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/18/11 - 08:10 am
18 years old, a thief, a home

agustinian
agustinian 12/18/11 - 08:45 am
Mr. Garner, Come to my house,

Mr. Garner,
Come to my house, and "Say Hello to my little friend!"

asoldier
asoldier 12/18/11 - 09:00 am
Takes a big man to beat a

Takes a big man to beat a little old lady. I agree with agustinian. This little punk should go to his house and meet his little friend.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 12/18/11 - 11:44 am
Too bad somebody's "little

Too bad somebody's "little friend" didn't take care of this punk!

curly123053
curly123053 12/18/11 - 01:56 pm
This happened not to far from

This happened not to far from where I live. I wish he would have come here. My 2 dogs would have kept him busy long enough to grab my S&W and that would have been the end of it. If a man is big enough to beat an old woman, then he's big enough for my S&W!! That might sound brutal for some but this story made me angry.

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 12/18/11 - 02:22 pm
dichotomy: 18 years old, a

dichotomy: 18 years old, a thief, a home invader, and he violently assaults the elderly. Take him to the little room and put a needle in his arm. He's got that "so what, I'll get probation" look on his face. Surprise him.

Looking at that pic, wouldn't you just like to slap the punk off his face? Just a little thug wannabe. Surprised he wasn't wearing a hoodie.

reba530
reba530 12/18/11 - 08:18 pm
Please let this ladys family

Please let this ladys family get a hold of this man for 5 mins... 85 yrs old. give me a break you stupid worthless punk of a kid

Farmboy
Farmboy 12/19/11 - 01:17 pm
Boy, I tell ya. These kids

Boy, I tell ya. These kids ought to thank the good Lord in Heaven I am not the judge. I would take it back to 16th century England and put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

painfully honest
painfully honest 12/19/11 - 08:50 pm
He must have grown up in a a

He must have grown up in a a single mother, low income home, on food stamps, somewhere in Richmond County or South Augusta, etc, etc, etc.......... What, no one is going to make that claim?

madgerman
madgerman 12/20/11 - 05:56 am
Farmboy. The judges can only

Farmboy. The judges can only do what the legislature approves in law. Now how do people get to be legislative representatives of their peers???? Just remember when the next lawyer comes up for election or reelection, thats its all about money and producing bills to keep themselves and the legal community in business.