Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Teen sought for shooting at Richmond County deputy arrested

A teenager suspected of shooting at a Richmond County deputy on Saturday has been arrested.

Garrett Delmar Howard III, 15, of the 1700 block of Luckey Street, was booked into the Richmond County Jail on Wednesday night on charges of aggravated assault. He has since been transferred to the Youth Development Center, authorities said.

Police suspect Howard was the person who fired at Cpl. Chad Cheek on Saturday afternoon when he responded to a suspicious person alert.

Cheek’s police cruiser was hit by two bullets. Cheek said he chased the suspect and was shot at three more times.

rmajor
rmajor 12/08/11 - 08:56 am
Not a smart move for this

Not a smart move for this young, boy. He is going down so hard that he may as well have shot and killed the deputy. This is definitely a life down the drain with no hope of coming back after shooting at a cop.

CarlA
CarlA 12/08/11 - 12:44 pm
Aggravated assault? How bout

Aggravated assault? How bout attempted murder?

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 12/08/11 - 01:51 pm
1 down, 1 million to go...

1 down, 1 million to go...

oldfella
oldfella 12/08/11 - 03:13 pm
You know, I have seen Luckey

You know, I have seen Luckey Street mentioned in a lot of violent crime stories over the years. I'd hate to see how the people fare on Unluckey Street!

owensjef3
owensjef3 12/08/11 - 03:57 pm
Old fella that is what I have

Old fella that is what I have been calling it for years, ain't nothing luckey about luckey street.

Patty-P
Patty-P 12/08/11 - 07:07 pm
And from what I've read, his

And from what I've read, his mother turned him in. I'm surprised that there aren't any comments about that.

leebraxjr
leebraxjr 12/10/11 - 03:04 pm
Wow if his mother did turn

Wow if his mother did turn him in I applaud her. This means she has tried to be the best mother she could be and administering tough love is hard. God bless and watch over her and her family, including the young teen who made a very unwise act.
You will get more time on aggravatied assault than you would for attempted murder.