Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Burglar steals gift cards from Peach Orchard Road store

Authorities are searching for a man who stole about 100 gift cards early Wednesday morning from a Dollar General on Peach Orchard Road.

According to an incident report, authorities were called to the store at 3120 Peach Orchard Road for an alarm activation around 2:45 a.m. where they discovered the front glass to the business had been broken. Surveillance video showed a man inside the store removing items from a gift card rack.

A manager at the store estimates that 80 Visa gift cards and 20 Applebee’s gift cards were stolen.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 12/07/11 - 04:42 pm
Well, yeah..those cards were

Well, yeah..those cards were taken, but they aren't worth anything until they were to be activated at the cash register, right?

tanbaby
tanbaby 12/07/11 - 05:00 pm
well aren't those gift card

well aren't those gift card recipients gonna be REALLY surprised when they go to the store to use them ???????

floridasun
floridasun 12/07/11 - 06:54 pm
That is so funny People who

That is so funny
People who broke into the store are obviously not too smart. I bet they will be screaming and yelling at the personnel in the store they try to use the Visa cards in,telling the store personnel there must be something wrong with the store's register
Their son, who is a really good boy, gave them the gift card for Christmas

scratchthesurface
scratchthesurface 12/08/11 - 09:41 am
Doesn't that moron know that

Doesn't that moron know that the cards are worthless until they're scanned and approved

david jennings
david jennings 12/08/11 - 12:24 pm
Sounds like " Dumb Crook"

Sounds like " Dumb Crook" news to me.

allhans
allhans 12/08/11 - 02:35 pm
You can bet he has no

You can bet he has no knowledge of how the system works.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 12/09/11 - 11:51 am
What they do is sell them to

What they do is sell them to ppl that are stupid enough to think they are good cards. Geez....I've had a few ppl try to sell me some and I say...oh sure let me call the 800 number and see if it's valid. That doesn't make them too happy. Not me, sucker!!!