Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

$5,675 in cash stolen from Augusta Walmart

Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2011 10:42 PM
Last updated 10:48 PM

A woman stole $5,675 in cash from the Walmart on Deans Bridge Road, police said.

A Richmond County sheriff’s report says Lora Corbo, 42, told officers that a woman had taken money from the cash registers inside the store on several different occasions from Oct. 2 through Dec. 1. She said she had the woman on video for each occasion.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/07/11 - 12:17 am
"a woman had taken money from

"a woman had taken money from the cash registers inside the store on several different occasions from Oct. 2 through Dec. 1. She said she had the woman on video for each occasion"

An no arrest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow

KSL
KSL 12/07/11 - 12:30 am
Why does she have her hand in

Why does she have her hand in the cash register drawer. Not enough information.

KSL
KSL 12/07/11 - 12:30 am
Hi there, CG.

Hi there, CG.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/07/11 - 12:40 am
KSL, You's up late too....I

KSL, You's up late too....I made my dent in the AC today...can't do anything else.

KSL
KSL 12/07/11 - 12:47 am
My work day started early

My work day started early this morning. I didn't get home until almost 10:30 PM. Viewing of a number of houses the city has to sell, listing appointment, and an evening appointment to write a contract for a client. It was a 12 hour work day for me.

allhans
allhans 12/07/11 - 09:50 am
When you are caught, it is a

When you are caught, it is a must that you have a good story.

oldfella
oldfella 12/07/11 - 10:43 am
Was it an "inside job" in

Was it an "inside job" in other words an employee? If not, how do you have access to the register? The cashiers don't leave them unattended as far as I know. This sounds fishy to me.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 12/07/11 - 11:23 am
Seems a little unusual to

Seems a little unusual to quote a witness and give the witness' name and age. That's usually reserved for the perp, isn't it? Shouldn't the story read....."A Wal-Mart employee who has the theft captured on video, says......."

When I read ".......Laura Corbo, 42.........", I thought "aha....they got her". But no, she's just a witness.