Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man shot at Augusta trailer park

Monday, Dec. 5, 2011 9:57 PM
Last updated 10:00 PM

A man was shot at a Glenn Hills trailer park around 9:30 p.m., the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office said.

Deputies are looking for a black male, 6 feet tall, with dreadlocks and wearing a dark sweatshirt and blue jeans. He was seen running behind Wendy’s, according to the sheriff’s office.

The victim was able to walk, but no further information was immediately available.

Comments (11)

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/05/11 - 11:46 pm

What Wendy's, where, address?

What Wendy's, where, address? There is no Wendy's near Glenn Hills. There was a Wendy's on Deans Bridge Road between Golden Camp Road and Lumpkin Road, but it was boarded up for years and is now a different type of business, and a trailer park is near that business, but the trailer park is also on Deans Bridge Road. The trailer park is not now, nor has it ever been, part of Glenn Hills Subdivision which is several businesses, an intersection and a large church property as well as a fire engine company AWAY from the Deans Bridge trailer park near Golden Camp Road. What is the actual name and address of the Trailer Park in the above article? There is a very old trailer park near the intersection of Barton Chapel Road and Glenn Hills Drive, but there is nothing resembling a Wendy's anywhere within sight of that location. Please be more specific, otherwise it isn't accurate news, just more confusion and more people thinking, "oh that is 'not in my back yard' (NIMBY), because I don't recognize the location by that description"...when it might actually BE in their back yard!

showboat
showboat 12/05/11 - 11:49 pm

This is the augusta chornicle

This is the augusta chornicle for you, never give the correct information, no wendy near Glen Hills. Pleas get this story right A.C.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/11 - 07:31 am

I agree AL.......they need to

I agree AL.......they need to know where the shots are flying....but lately we counld say everywhere in Richmondcounty..

(now watch how some will come on here & deny that)

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 12/06/11 - 08:01 am

Isn't there a Wal-Mart right

Isn't there a Wal-Mart right there?

david jennings
david jennings 12/06/11 - 08:18 am

I'm thiinking the one al

I'm thiinking the one al mentioned at BC and GH DR. There is a Wendys about half mile away at Deans Bridge and Barton Chapel,

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 12/06/11 - 12:58 pm

Ahhh! The joys of the trailer

Ahhh! The joys of the trailer park..the smell of stale PBR and Pall Malls in the evening. The lilting sounds of the neighbors arguing and the police sirens at dusk...the constant rat-a-tat-tat of semi-automatic gunfire at midnight...What's not to love?

Edward1968
Edward1968 12/06/11 - 01:49 pm

There is no Wendys near

There is no Wendys near there. The closest ones are on Hwy. 25 and the one on Wrightsboro Rd. There was a Wendys on Deans Bridge Rd. near a trailer park. Could it be that the Glenn Hills Trailer Park is not the crime scene?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/06/11 - 03:11 pm

I am asking because that

I am asking because that morning about 2am I heard gunshots that were too close for comfort in an area that MIGHT be nearby if I could confirm where the trailer park the article is mentioning is, or where the Wendy's? is. Addresses need to be at least down to a block in these stories to be relevant to the community in which they occur. BTW, yes, I did report the gunshots to dispatch.

dizzy dictator
dizzy dictator 12/06/11 - 10:11 pm

WRDW has a story of a man who

WRDW has a story of a man who was shot on his way home from work. That story shows Deans Bridge and the suspect's description is almost the same as here.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 12/07/11 - 01:05 am

Considering the large number

Considering the large number of suspects matching that description it's likely to be two shootings, not one.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/07/11 - 04:38 pm

thanks, dizzy, I'll check it

thanks, dizzy, I'll check it out.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 12/07/11 - 04:41 pm

It seems to be the same

It seems to be the same incident. I guess 12 just didn't want to mention the popular restaurant. I can understand that.