Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Teens charged with $500 in golf course damage

Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2011 11:46 AM
Last updated 8:14 PM

Three teens have been charged after they damaged property at Point South Golf Course in south Augusta.

According to an incident report, the teens entered the course located at 4324 Peach Orchard Road sometime between Nov. 11-12 and caused around $500 in damage.

Golf course employees told officers the teens took sand trap rakes and beat the green and stabbed the broken rakes into the green. Someone also drew a picture of the male anatomy on the green.

Tee markers were thrown into a pond and a wooden fence was torn down. Employees also said some of the irrigation was damaged, authorities said.

Richard Flinchum and Jacob Lazenby, both 17, and a 15-year-old have turned themselves in for the damage, according to Richmond County sheriff’s Lt. Blaise Dresser. They face charges of criminal trespass.

Cadence
Cadence 11/22/11 - 01:02 pm
I did a couple of stupid

I did a couple of stupid things like to this as a teen and immediately regretted it. I was a follower back then.

Vito45
Vito45 11/22/11 - 01:14 pm
I've done a few stupid things

I've done a few stupid things too, but not quite as mindless as that. You know; at least when you are flushing an M-80 down a toilet you get to see the toilet blow off the wall....

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 11/22/11 - 01:23 pm
Does this reflect on good

Does this reflect on good parenting?

BamaMan
BamaMan 11/22/11 - 01:28 pm
Vito, I heard that used to

Vito, I heard that used to happen in the boy's bathroom at Butler 35+ years ago....you aren't a guilty one, are you??

Vito45
Vito45 11/22/11 - 01:37 pm
Nah, didn't go to school

Nah, didn't go to school around here except for my last year at ARC in 1972.

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/22/11 - 01:42 pm
$500? Thats like 3 months

$500? Thats like 3 months water, right?

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 11/22/11 - 02:19 pm
"Dude.........I've got an

"Dude.........I've got an idea.........let's go trash the golf course!"

"Awesome, man.........why didn't I think of that?"

What goes through the minds of these cretins?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/22/11 - 02:41 pm
These boys have a great

These boys have a great future. They turned themselves in. Now have them work it off and get to know those at the golf course.

treetopyoung
treetopyoung 11/22/11 - 05:40 pm
tell them to pick up there

tell them to pick up there school books and read something..my gosh

treetopyoung
treetopyoung 11/22/11 - 05:40 pm
their* (sorry)

their* (sorry)

D.B.
D.B. 11/23/11 - 09:33 am
Come on this is something you

Come on this is something you see on trutv.slap on the wrist and keep it moving.

Bing0
Bing0 11/24/11 - 01:09 am
Just teens being young and

Just teens being young and stupid. This is actually refreshing when compared to most of the reported incidences of the ignorance and immaturity of youth.
...Reminiscent of the 80's.