News |   Obits |   Sports |   Business |   Opinion |   Things to Do |   Life |   Blogs |   Photos |   Video |   Data |   Jobs |   Homes |   Autos |   Buy/Sell

Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Stoves, heaters stolen from 2 vacant Augusta homes

Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011 8:47 PM
Last updated 9:01 PM

Two vacant homes were robbed of their stoves, gas heaters, water heaters and a refrigerator, among other items, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office report.

Johnny P. Reeves, of the 300 block of Joshua Tree Road, told deputies that his two homes in the 600 block of Bohler Avenue were broken into between Nov. 5 and 11:45 a.m. Saturday.

Bohler had boarded up the back doors, but someone had forced them open from the outside.

Neighbors said they noticed a white Jeep Cherokee and a red GMC pickup in the area.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 11/20/11 - 10:01 pm
Wouldn't it be of a lot of

Wouldn't it be of a lot of help if neighbors that notice unusual activities were to call the law? Even if it turns out to be in error - one error and maybe 9 crooks caught? Would be well worth it.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/20/11 - 11:28 pm
Seems like I just heard about

Seems like I just heard about a white Jeep Cherokee in another incident - the shootout Saturday.
I believe a few of these cases are the same crew.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/21/11 - 07:03 am
I was thinking the same thing

I was thinking the same thing patty..

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/21/11 - 09:28 am
seenit...maybe they were

seenit...maybe they were arguing over the 'goods'. lol

Lori Davis
Lori Davis 11/21/11 - 02:28 pm
Truly worried, I agree with

Truly worried, I agree with you, however, when you have a drug house operating in the middle of the homes of two Richmond County deputies and that is not taken care of, it becomes very difficult to get interest in a suspicious vehicle. Don'tworry though. We will continue the fight.

jasonsnow
jasonsnow 11/21/11 - 03:20 pm
My Refrigerator was also

My Refrigerator was also stolen from a property by the "Locals" around Nov 5-7..(according to word on the street); and trucks must have been used. It has been reported to Richmond County Sheriff Department.
IF anyone Know's about or See's any suspicious acts being committed PLEASE CONTACT THE RICHMOND COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT.
We Regular Struggling Good Folks need to BAND-TOGETHER, SPEAK-UP, and Report these thieves... We all have phones... One call can help track and get these Dirt-Bags off the street .... You already know that .." All that it takes for Dirt-Bags and Thieves to TAKE OVER, is For GOOD PEOPLE To STAY SILENT and DO NOTHING...".......... CALL & SPEAK UP GOOD PEOPLE..!!!! Let's put the Dirt In The Bag..!!!One Call.. That's All..!!

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 11/21/11 - 04:07 pm
So far most of the people

So far most of the people remain silent and the rats are winning the rat race. Some are even mad at me for offering rewards to catch the crooks, imagine that?!? They say they don't believe in tipping off the cops and some are writing songs about killing the cops. Looks like the crooks are going to win after all from what we see. Last night they were shooting at the cops like it was open season on cops and according to our Intel you aint seen NOTHIN yet. Harden your homes for a full scale assault, some cops have told me they are overrun so GET READY.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/21/11 - 06:02 pm
I said a long time ago that

I said a long time ago that the criminals are going to get so bold that they'll start shooting at the cops. Some folks do call to report crime but it sometimes does NO good. The justice system continues to use the revolving doors. And of course, it just depends on where you live and who you are. Shame because criminals don't repeat crimes in the same hoods all the time. Augusta needs to clean things up.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 11/21/11 - 06:26 pm
"Gay Bangers in the hood" my

"Gay Bangers in the hood" my guess Patty-P"o)

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/21/11 - 07:15 pm
CRRTV....'Gay Bangers'??? I

CRRTV....'Gay Bangers'??? I didn't get that.

Property tax jump OK'd

Augusta commissioners broke a seven-year trend Wednesday and agreed 7-0 to raise property taxes by 1.75 mills to cover a deficit and provide employees a small bonus.