Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

35 rolls of copper wire stolen from Augusta business

Saturday, Nov. 12, 2011 6:17 PM
Last updated 6:57 PM

At least 35 rolls of industrial copper wire were stolen from an Augusta business.

Chuck Reese, of Simpsonville, S.C., alerted deputies Friday that Gexpro, 1547 15th St., had been burglarized.

According to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office report, Reese said he noticed that he was short on copper wire when he was doing inventory. He said that sometime between Oct. 17 and Nov. 7 someone had stolen the wire, most likely through an open garage door.

TK3
TK3 11/12/11 - 07:35 pm
Must have good insurance to

Must have good insurance to (evidently) have security that poor.

"stolen the wire, most likely through an open garage door."-AC

david jennings
david jennings 11/13/11 - 06:50 am
Really one should guard

Really one should guard metals these days as it seems to be a hot commodity. Of course I guess that applies to anything worth a dollar.

copperhead
copperhead 11/13/11 - 07:54 am
This is just redistribution

This is just redistribution of the wealth.

Billyds999
Billyds999 11/13/11 - 07:54 am
These days, you need an

These days, you need an autimated weopons system. Set up a camera system with zones that recoqnizes movement in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the weapons take over and... no copper is taken. A few holes is surrounding inventory, a little cleanup work, but...

Yes, it sounds harsh, but people think they can get away with anything these days.

copperhead
copperhead 11/13/11 - 08:39 am
These evil profit making

These evil profit making businesses should have any and all profits taken and given to the poor and down-troddened. It is the only fair thing to do. That way, everyone will be equal. From the ceo to the crack addict-everybody makes the same and owns the same. It is the collective wealth and collective salvation.

copperhead
copperhead 11/13/11 - 08:40 am
These evil profit making

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/13/11 - 10:04 am
Copperhead, some people

Copperhead, some people wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it bit them in the I don't want to get banned again.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/13/11 - 11:48 am
Copperhead. the more I read

Copperhead. the more I read your comments, I feel that there are countries on this earth that you would fit very well into. I feel that wealth that is earned legally, (like - not stealing copper) should be one's own possession.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/13/11 - 11:54 am
CobaltGeorge, Copperhead is

CobaltGeorge, Copperhead is being sarcastic. That's his style.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/13/11 - 11:58 am
I think the style is hitting

I think the style is hitting a brick wall now....just saying.....change the record player it's stuck!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/13/11 - 12:13 pm
heheh...as soon as Iposted

heheh...as soon as Iposted that my puter went in never-never land.....does copper work for AC...:)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/13/11 - 01:54 pm
Happy to see CobaltGeorge

Happy to see CobaltGeorge posting, after having surgery last Friday. Hope you are feeling a lot better, CG!

david jennings
david jennings 11/13/11 - 07:25 pm
I like copperhead, I think

I like copperhead, I think he's right on.

my.voice
my.voice 11/13/11 - 07:42 pm
This is Obama's wire tax. The

This is Obama's wire tax. The wire is redistributed back into the wire business, very similar to the Christmas tree tax.

Solar 'farm' for Fort Gordon?

ATLANTA -- Georgia military installations at Fort Stewart, Fort Gordon, Fort Benning and Kings Bay will one day be housing solar farms that can make them independent of the power grid in ...