Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Police say Greenbrier High students planned to kidnap, kill classmate

Christian Annis, 17, was arrested and charged Monday.  Columbia County Sheriff's Office
Columbia County Sheriff's Office
Christian Annis, 17, was arrested and charged Monday.

On Friday, authorities arrested a 15-year-old Evans girl, accusing her of planning and enlisting help to kill a girl attending her school.

Columbia County sheriff’s deputies arrested Christian-Reef Adams Annis, 17, on Monday at Greenbrier High. Annis admitted he was asked by the 15-year-old to help kill the girl, according to a sheriff’s office incident report.

Annis, of the 5900 block of Rousseau Creek Road in Thomson, told police “she was going to beat her with a crowbar,” according to the report.

School Superintendent Charles Nagle said Tuesday that another girl initially agreed to help, but only because she was afraid of the suspect. Instead, she reported the plan to school officials, who called authorities.

Greenbrier High Principal Chris Segraves didn’t immediately return a phone message left Tuesday afternoon.

The 15-year-old is being held at the Regional Youth Detention Center in Sandersville, Ga. Sheriff’s Capt. Steve Morris said she was charged with criminal solicitation.

Annis was released from the Colum­bia County Detention Center on Tuesday on a $5,100 bond. He is charged with conspiracy to commit a felony.

msgret92
msgret92 11/01/11 - 03:24 pm
Why was Annis attending

Why was Annis attending Greenbrier if he lives in McDuffie County?

tanbaby
tanbaby 11/01/11 - 03:24 pm
no way...not CC !!!!

no way...not CC !!!!

Chillen
Chillen 11/01/11 - 03:43 pm
I'll bet a million dollars

I'll bet a million dollars that this fight was over a boy.

GodisSoGood
GodisSoGood 11/01/11 - 03:56 pm
tanbaby.....we have losers in

tanbaby.....we have losers in CC....maybe they are just a better class of losers than those in RC. :-)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/01/11 - 04:01 pm
The article does not say that

The article does not say that Annis attends Greenbrier. It just says he was arrested there.

Ashleyn1
Ashleyn1 11/01/11 - 04:11 pm
So sad that young girls will

So sad that young girls will do things like this...ruin their lives before they even get started...

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 11/01/11 - 04:11 pm
Chillen, exactly what my

Chillen, exactly what my teenager said!

Waymore
Waymore 11/01/11 - 04:32 pm
"Two Greenbrier High School

"Two Greenbrier High School students have been arrested and charged in conspiring to kidnap and kill a classmate."

The first sentence certainly indicates to me that Annis attends Greenbrier. What in the heck is going on in the mind of these kids?

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 11/01/11 - 04:34 pm
Christian Annis' Day

Christian Annis' Day Off.

Unlike Ferris Bueller, he wasn't planning to party.

ashleyb
ashleyb 11/01/11 - 04:55 pm
Any student/parent can

Any student/parent can request a waiver to attend a school if you live out of the district. Usually it is used for smaller kids (that can't drive), it is done all the time.

swimmer
swimmer 11/01/11 - 04:55 pm
Children of county employees

Children of county employees can attend the school or feeder school of the campus where the parent works.

ashleyb
ashleyb 11/01/11 - 04:56 pm
All the time may have been

All the time may have been the wornd term, just explaining that he was not getting preferrential treatment.

rmwardsr
rmwardsr 11/01/11 - 05:26 pm
And as my defense attorney

And as my defense attorney once said to me:"you thought you would get away with it, didn't you?"

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/01/11 - 05:30 pm
This is horrifying. Thank God

This is horrifying. Thank God their plans were foiled.

secretagentman
secretagentman 11/01/11 - 05:33 pm
Im pretty sure you all dont

Im pretty sure you all dont know the whole story with this kid... try and suspend your judgement just a tad -- he is not your average kid at GHS and as hard as it might be to give him a little understanding, he probably needs it. This is a pitiful situation that just got alot more pitiful--for all involved.And no, Im not forgetting the potential victim in this either. Im sure this is a terrible thing for that family to hear too.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 11/01/11 - 06:00 pm
"...(H)e is not your average

"...(H)e is not your average kid at GHS and as hard as it might be to give him a little understanding, he probably needs it."

Sure, just like the two 17-year-olds recently arrested for home invasion. Youth and stupidity neither excuse, nor more importantly, prevent violent crimes. Everyone who believes this would not have turned into another horrific crime if not prevented, is not in touch with today's news.

happychimer
happychimer 11/01/11 - 06:43 pm
I have no understanding and

I have no understanding and no sympathy for the 2 arrested. There is no excuse. none

Jake
Jake 11/01/11 - 07:10 pm
Kind of makes our drinking of

Kind of makes our drinking of PBR and smoking cig's at school pale in comparison.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 11/01/11 - 07:19 pm
What a maroon.....What a

What a maroon.....What a nincowpoop.....

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 11/01/11 - 07:32 pm
So what are you saying

So what are you saying secretagentman? Because no, we don't know the whole story with this kid. I always suspend judgement, but if you know of a legitimate problem that this kid has, fine, state it, if not, then don't expect anyone to cut him slack.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/01/11 - 07:57 pm
secretagentman, explain to

secretagentman, explain to me why it is judgment to call something what it is...horrifying. The thoughts of this are horrifying. Are you not horrified at the thoughts of someone planning this, much less carrying it out on YOUR daughter? Horrifying, to me.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/01/11 - 08:33 pm
It is terrible. I'm glad

It is terrible. I'm glad their plans were foiled.
Cobalt what does this have to do with a presidential announcement?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/01/11 - 09:20 pm
Patty, there has to be a

Patty, there has to be a reason for the attitude of our young generation, yes, a lot has to do with some parents, but why are some parents like they are? When you have a government now in control of what goes into the minds of our young generation, It just ain't right. The schools are no longer in control because fear of losing the government handouts and things like " No child left behind."
Look between the lines and use non-PC common sense and maybe it will turn on a light switch for you.

This is another quote from him that could solve a lot of our problems and even implied he would: (Has He?)

"It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today."

literallyamerican
literallyamerican 11/01/11 - 10:49 pm
There are a lot of kids that

There are a lot of kids that do bad things it is a FACT, but most of them were not born that way. They are not disciplined at home and cannot be disciplined in school so the law has to prevail unfortunately. When these kids do wrong lock them up, TRY and show them what they did was wrong and punish them--then see if they can be productive citizens.... My sister was killed by a "bad kid" and it is my hope that he can get help while incarcerated.....if not..he can sit there--I have no problem with him having a second chance at life as long as he proves he has changed and made something of himself.

Vito45
Vito45 11/01/11 - 11:01 pm
You are a good person

You are a good person literallyamerican. I'm not sure I would be willing to give someone a second chance that had killed my sister. That is a shortcoming, not a virtue, but I am what I am.

This case is particularly disturbing to me because I MIGHT know who this kid is. If I do, he comes from good stock.

literallyamerican
literallyamerican 11/01/11 - 11:01 pm
Vito45-Thanks, I hold no

Vito45-Thanks, I hold no judgements against anyone for their beliefs or views---I read them and try and keep an open mind...that's how we grow. :)

pammit
pammit 11/01/11 - 11:16 pm
@ Littlelamb- The beginning

@ Littlelamb- The beginning of the article states, "Two Greenbrier High School students have been arrested", meaning or they are implying that Mr. Annis attends Greenbrier. So, again, why is he attending Greenbrier, but is from Thomson?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/01/11 - 11:20 pm
Parents are failing their

Parents are failing their children. You have to study for eight years to be a doctor but any imbecille can have a child. From what I hear most of the schools in this area are run by the students.
What these brats need is a few nuns as their teachers like I had. You so much as thought about stepping out of line and your rear end was TOAST!
I would never teach in a 1-12 grade school. I'd end up in jail or dead because I wouldn't put up with an unruly student. Mess with me and out the door you go. You can go to the principal or you can go home but you wont be back in my class.
As for this crazy story it's all because these idiotic kids have no common sense or are just plain evil. I hope that if they're guilty they go to prison for a long time. We need to quit coddling these low lifes. The world is a tough place without having to put up with dangerous pea brained kids.

Vito45
Vito45 11/01/11 - 11:30 pm
pammit, one of the parents

pammit, one of the parents live in this district, but DL was obtained while at the other addy?

literallyamerican
literallyamerican 11/01/11 - 11:45 pm
Shrimp I agree.....I dont

Shrimp
I agree.....I dont believe in coddling for sure....I believe in punishment and then a chance to redeem themselves if they have proven they deserve a chance. They are young and foolish, and quite possibly just plain evil, but only time will tell

Sheriff's office seeks GBI assistance in steroid claims

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has been called to assist deputies in investigating claims of steroid abuse among members of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office, the department announced Friday.