Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

North Augusta Zaxby's robbed Saturday night

Monday, Oct. 24, 2011 12:19 AM
Last updated 12:38 AM

Zaxby’s fast-food restaurant in North Augusta was robbed Saturday night.

Chase Shivers, 21, told officers he went out the back door of the restaurant at 1671 Knox Ave., at 9:30 p.m. to throw out the trash when a man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and a red bandana over his face grabbed him by the shirt and handed him a note.

According to a North Augusta Public Safety report, the note read, “Armed and dangerous! Don’t hesitate! I want ($3,000). Any false moves everybody dies! Grab a takeout bag, place it in now!”

The suspect then forced Shivers to the restaurant office, where he grabbed an unknown amount of money from the register and the safe and then fled.

Shivers said he didn’t know if the suspect was actually armed because his hands were in his hoodie and he motioned like he had a gun.

Fellow employee Freddie Lariscey said he chased the robber behind Zaxby’s and down Aiken Avenue, where he entered a Chevrolet pickup driven by a woman.

Deputies met with the management of Zaxby’s and reviewed the security tape. The tape confirmed Shivers’ account, police said.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 10/24/11 - 07:23 am
I guess as the economy gets

I guess as the economy gets worse crime will too. I think it's time for the shoot to kill orders to come out.

curly123053
curly123053 10/24/11 - 09:21 am
It seems this is not the

It seems this is not the first time this place was robbed. If I recall this same Zaxbys was robbed a few months back. This place backs up to a not to nice neighborhood.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 10/24/11 - 09:37 am
Sounds like it was a bit of a

Sounds like it was a bit of a wild weekend in North Augusta, what with one thing and another. Maybe the cops over there will be busy with some real crime for a few days and we'll be able to drive the Aiken-Augusta highway and Georgia Ave/Martintown Rd in peace without getting pulled over for driving 5mph over the speed limit.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 10/24/11 - 04:40 pm
Don't drive over the speed

Don't drive over the speed limit and you won't get stopped...it's not rocket science. Cops don't give you tickets..you earn them.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 10/24/11 - 05:01 pm
EVERYBODY drives over the

EVERYBODY drives over the speed limit at some stage and anyone who says otherwise is full of it. Who drives at 35 mph down a 4 lane road, all downhill, like Georgia Ave? Strictly speaking, cops could ticket almost anybody who drives around Augusta. They don't. That's because there's a certain tolerance for speed limit infractions which are neither gross nor blatantly dangerous.

How can I phrase this diplomatically?

It's......uh...........a little easier to "earn" a ticket in North Augusta than it is on the Georgia side of the river and the reasons have little to do with public safety. Think "revenue".

Somebody has to pay for those ridiculous "HEAT" cars which cruise around looking like something out of "Miami Vice".

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 10/24/11 - 08:05 pm
You are wrong...that's just

You are wrong...that's just like saying a little stealing isn't stealing. QUIT SPEEDING! I have never "earned" a speeding ticket and if its 45 I drive 45. I have been driving for 35 years. Don't justify your tickets by saying all drivers speed.

Vito45
Vito45 10/24/11 - 08:44 pm
I would like to have your

I would like to have your calibrated eyes then. I'm usually focused on the road and my surroundings, not the speedometer. It becomes clear just by sight and feel when I am 10 over/under, but the rest of the time I'm measuring my spped with the flow of traffic with a periodic glance at the speedometer.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 10/24/11 - 10:21 pm
thats why they make cruise

thats why they make cruise control...try it. People get on here and complain about speeders and road rage and then moan because they get tickets.

KSL
KSL 10/25/11 - 01:39 am
Once heard a judge tell a

Once heard a judge tell a police officer not to bring someone into his court for a mere 5 mile over speeding offense. Granted, it was not in a school zone when the lights were flashing. The North Augusta police force is the only one around that I know of that has a no tolerance attitude.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 10/25/11 - 11:28 am
If they act like they are

If they act like they are threatening folks with a gun they SHOULD BE SHOT. It's them or U.S...