Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man beaten in attempted robbery

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011 7:32 PM
Last updated 7:34 PM

A 53-year-old Augusta man was beaten in an attempted robbery late Friday night.

The victim said he was in the 1200 block of Dugas Street when two men yelled for him to hand over his money. When the man refused, the men punched and kicked him.

A witness flagged down a Richmond County Sheriff’s deputy, who found the victim lying in the street. He was transported by ambulance to Medical College of Georgia Hospital. The suspects did not get any money from the victim, according to an incident report.

grandpappygreenthumb
grandpappygreenthumb 10/15/11 - 08:07 pm
This is why everyone needs to

This is why everyone needs to carry a gun to shoot the %^$&^*&'s on the spot. That would stop them DEAD in their tracks.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 10/15/11 - 08:36 pm
yep, CWP for all, and get

yep, CWP for all, and get training and practice to be able to use it when it's needed.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 10/15/11 - 09:54 pm
Thugs know that as long as

Thugs know that as long as they don't have any "weapons" they can kick your brains through a "goal" post and get into less trouble than you and i would if we shot them because they are "unarmed".

GaStang22
GaStang22 10/16/11 - 09:55 am
You are exactly right Crime

You are exactly right Crime Reports, especially a lot of the younger ones. But not if I am on that jury!!!!! lol The more of these thugs we make take dirt naps, maybe they will start getting the picture. No sympathy for a criminal here, hey....occupational hazard! lol I hope the victim will be ok.

david jennings
david jennings 10/16/11 - 10:31 am
Thugs, no job ,no ambition,no

Thugs, no job ,no ambition,no respect or value to society. Just behave the way you want and take what you want. What gets me they think they are such big men, in reality they would'nt make a pimple on a real man' behind.

trailblazer
trailblazer 10/19/11 - 06:38 am
Several years ago I was in

Several years ago I was in Savannah when a thug pulled a knife on me to steal my car, I told him UNCLE SAM taught me 17 ways to kill a man with my bare hands and it was to bad he would only get to see one of them. He took off running.