Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta woman accused of killing man with high-heeled shoe indicted

Richmond County grand jurors indicted Thelma Lou Carter on Tuesday for the July slaying of Robert Frank Higdon.

Carter is accused of killing Higdon, 58, with a stiletto high-heeled shoe during an argument.

According to police accounts at the time, Higdon and Carter, his live-in girlfriend, shared a trailer at Augusta Mobile Home Estates, in the 2500 block of Milledgeville Road.

Investigators said they were unsure how many times Higdon was hit with the shoe before he died.

raul
raul 10/12/11 - 07:30 pm
Wouldn't the autopsy report

Wouldn't the autopsy report give a pretty good estimate of the number of times he was hit? Seems that would be important for the prosecution as a possible aggravating factor in the charging and sentencing process if convicted.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/12/11 - 08:31 pm
This should be a good one.

This should be a good one.

raul
raul 10/12/11 - 08:56 pm
@Willow, As I recall, this

@Willow, As I recall, this one made international news.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 10/12/11 - 09:03 pm
I didn't know that raul. I

I didn't know that raul. I going to have a heart for this gal as she's surely had a rough life. And poor guy, too.

jackrussell
jackrussell 10/13/11 - 04:59 am
Reminds me of the scene from

Reminds me of the scene from the movie Single White Female.

BamaMan
BamaMan 10/13/11 - 08:43 am
It said it didn't know how

It said it didn't know how many times he had been hit BEFORE HE DIED, not the total times he was hit.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs