Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Charges follow punches at Augusta restaurant

A patron at Wild Wing Cafe chased another customer into the parking lot about midnight Monday, ostensibly to catch someone walking out on their tab.

But a deputy working a special duty at the restaurant on the 3000 block of Washington Road said the man doing the chasing, Jason Page, of Thomson, also punched the victim three times in the face and threw him to the ground.

Page said he saw the victim, Kenneth Stewart, who had a bloody lip and swollen face, jump the porch railing and wanted to catch him. Further investigation showed that Stewart was previously engaged to Page’s daughter. Page was taken to jail on a charge of disorderly conduct; Stewart was instructed on how to press other charges.

JRC2024
JRC2024 09/27/11 - 08:29 am
Mr. Page deserves to be

Mr. Page deserves to be arrested. He is not an employee of the resturant and even if he was he doesn't have the authority to throw the other person on the ground. He can only report to the officer on duty. He also does not know if the man was walking out on his tab. He could have left his wallet or credit card in his car and the waite staff knew that he was going to get it. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Riverman1
Riverman1 09/27/11 - 08:40 am
Hey, he's the father of a

Hey, he's the father of a daughter. These kind of things have been going on forever. No biggie here.

Dixieman
Dixieman 09/27/11 - 09:50 am
The ultimate broken

The ultimate broken engagement!

raul
raul 09/27/11 - 05:34 pm
Sounds like Stewart made the

Sounds like Stewart made the right decision breaking up with Page's daughter. How would you like to get your tuckus kicked by your father in law everytime you upset his daughter?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/27/11 - 10:08 am
raul....funny.....:)

raul....funny.....:)

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 09/27/11 - 11:37 am
Someone's wings got clipped.

Someone's wings got clipped.

BevBoudreaux
BevBoudreaux 09/27/11 - 01:05 pm
well considering the

well considering the clientele of this place this is no surprise. The only surprise is that we don't hear stories like tyhis coming from there more often. I'm imagining alcohol was a factor.

bdouglas
bdouglas 09/27/11 - 01:38 pm
@BevBoudreaux "...considering

@BevBoudreaux "...considering the clientele of this place..."?? Have you actually been there more than a handful of times? Wild Wings is no different than any other sit down restaurant with a bar in this town. Don't know where the condescending remark came from...

BevBoudreaux
BevBoudreaux 09/27/11 - 02:08 pm
Yes I have been there enough

Yes I have been there enough to know the kind of crowd that hangs out there. Each time I have been there I witnessed numerous belligerent and disorderly acting drunks who were still being served beer. It's like a rouh honky tonk crowd. That's enough for me. Not exactly a nice relaxing atmosphere to have a family dinner.

blakkone
blakkone 09/27/11 - 02:55 pm
Bev stated..."well

Bev stated..."well considering the clientele of this place this is no surprise. The only surprise is that we don't hear storeis like tyhis coming from there more often."

Do you realize your second sentence contradicts the first? You dont hear stories like this more often because maybe the patrons are not as bad as you think they are. Therefore you wont hear more stories like this.

If WW isn't "family" enough and you dont wanna be around ppl having a good time, take the family to McDonalds. Maybe thats more your speed. Try not to get brain-freeze from the McFlurry.

Dipshot
Dipshot 09/27/11 - 03:31 pm
Wild Wings is a chain. I have

Wild Wings is a chain. I have been to a few of them and the crowd is always the same. Mostly young college kids. Lots of beer drinking and with any large group of young people under the influence, it can get loud and rowdy at times, especially during college football games. I can see this sort of place appealing to a young college crowd, but Bev does have a point, it's really not the kind of atmosphere for young kids or the elderly. I would not take my 75 year old mother there. The noise and the carrying on would drive her up a wall.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/28/11 - 12:49 am
I like the one in Charleston

I like the one in Charleston but I'm way too old to go there at night. I love their wings downed with a couple of cold ones but I stay far,far away at night. It's rowdy and jam packed and everyone seems to be very drunk. I used to find it funny that when the college girls got drunk they would just throw their hands in the air and say WOOOOOOOOO.

Dixieman
Dixieman 09/28/11 - 01:55 am
WOOOOOOOOO!

WOOOOOOOOO!

cityman
cityman 09/28/11 - 03:43 am
Rural funny.

Rural funny.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 09/28/11 - 04:56 am
Hope Stewart pressed charges.

Hope Stewart pressed charges.