Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Golf shop window smashed, shirts stolen

A burglar stole $500 worth of golf shirts Sunday after breaking out a window of Edwin Watts Golf on the 500 block of Bobby Jones Expressway, a Richmond County sheriff’s report shows.

A 1:18 a.m. alarm brought deputies to the shop, where they discovered the front door open and an empty shirt rack on the floor. A store employee said 10 shirts worth $50 a piece were missing.

Deputies said they also recovered a black piece of bumper from the parking lot with Ford markings on it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/11 - 08:22 am
Let's see now.....they are

Let's see now.....they are taking hair weaves-toilet paper & golf shirts..wow

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/26/11 - 12:18 pm
About the only things they

About the only things they won't steal are a shovel and pick. They are like a cross is to a vampire. They won't go near them.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 09/26/11 - 01:27 pm
Yep!

Yep!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/11 - 01:37 pm
A nail shop was robbed in

A nail shop was robbed in midtown Atlanta this am....add that to the list...I put some old used pots & pans in my recylce bin & someone picked them up during the night....will they start taking the gold from someones teeth next?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/26/11 - 03:08 pm
The way those nail salons are

The way those nail salons are popping up in every corner of the CSRA, you would figure they are the only stores whose cash registers are full.

dougk
dougk 09/26/11 - 04:49 pm
SeenIT..Do you really have a

SeenIT..Do you really have a problem with someone taking your old pots and pans out of your recycle bin?? They obviously need them more than you do. That should give you a GOOD feeling, not one of CONTEMPT.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/11 - 05:40 pm
dougk...do you see the

dougk...do you see the negative in EVERYTHING?? I could care less about the pot & pan.....but believe me---they probably wanted the metal--not for future kitchen use....that was the point. --METAL.

rmajor
rmajor 09/26/11 - 06:04 pm
Whatha? This is insane!

Whatha? This is insane!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/26/11 - 06:04 pm
yawn

yawn

brave_falcon1
brave_falcon1 09/26/11 - 06:09 pm
seenitB4...not much of a

seenitB4...not much of a steward of the environment are you? Apparently you don't understand what it means when you place something in the recycle bin...it's meant to be reused.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 09/27/11 - 04:15 am
Golf playing Playas!!!

Golf playing Playas!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/27/11 - 07:02 am
Amazing that some can see

Amazing that some can see color in the word "they"....

My post was mainly about JOBS-missing in our economy----when people are desperate "THEY"anyone w/o a job will resort to dumpster diving---any color btw.....I know it is hard to wrap your head around this.....BUT ...MANY colors are poor & desperate right now........if you had read some of the posts on here you would realize we have family & friends out of their jobs.....get over yourself---not everything is about YOU or COLOR!!!

JRC2024
JRC2024 09/27/11 - 07:34 am
We put items on the curb that

We put items on the curb that we do not want. Most of the time they are gone in 30 min. of less. Keeps me from hauling them off.

Jake
Jake 09/27/11 - 12:42 pm
I waited on the curb for

I waited on the curb for about an hour but I had no takers, sigh.....

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/27/11 - 12:50 pm
When I put things I no longer

When I put things I no longer want that, in spite of how raggedy they are could still be used by someone with nothing, I put the word out it's hitting the curb and fully expect it to be gone before the truck comes in the morning.

Let's see if the powers that be are wise enough to check Craig's list, e-bay, the classified papers and the flea markets to see who's selling these shirts.