Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Mother facing DUI charge in rollover accident remains hospitalized

A 27-year-old mother remains in the hospital after crashing her vehicle with her two children inside along Mike Padgett Highway on Sunday evening.

Chasity Weston
Chasity Weston

Chasity Weston, who authorities said had been drinking at the time of the accident, was listed in critical condition at Doctor’s Hospital on Monday evening. The family has requested that the hospital not release any further information on her condition.

She faces charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to maintain lane after her release from the hospital.

Richmond County authorities said Weston was traveling along the 4800 block of Mike Padgett Highway, south of Horseshoe Road, in her black convertible Mustang about 11 p.m. when she lost control and rolled the vehicle.

Authorities clarified Tuesday that Weston was not ejected from the vehicle but her two small children, ages 4 and 5, were. Authorities are investigating whether the children were properly restrained.

The 4-year-old boy remains in critical condition at Medical College of Georgia Hospital. No further information was available on the 5-year-old.

Chasitys Family
Chasitys Family 09/13/11 - 08:34 pm
i love my sister and them

i love my sister and them babies but yall have to think we all mess up im sure all of yall dont have the best record either and i sure yall wouldnt appreciate it either the family need support not yall just running your mouths about chasity this is posted By Summer Livak

check
check 09/13/11 - 08:43 pm
Ms. Livak, praying for the

Ms. Livak, praying for the childrens' and Chasity's physical and mental healing; and for her entire family. “Come to me, all you who are weary and are carrying heavy burdens and I will give you rest.” –Matthew 11:28

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 09/13/11 - 08:44 pm
I heard on the radio news

I heard on the radio news that the 5 year old had been released from the hospital, hope she has a speedy recovery. Prayers to the mother and 4 year old.

iLove
iLove 09/13/11 - 08:46 pm
I continue to pray for these

I continue to pray for these little ones and their mother. Maybe this will be the wakeup call. . . you know WE ALL have em from time to time.

He who is without cast the first one.

fd1962
fd1962 09/13/11 - 08:49 pm
Well, Summer, I'm certain

Well, Summer, I'm certain those you are criticizing would welcome knowing about 'the situation,' or any explanation, with which they could then sympathize appropriately. We are all ears.

kg042525
kg042525 09/13/11 - 09:40 pm
summer i agree with you..

summer i agree with you.. this is something that she is going to have to live with for the rest of her life and all the rude comments aren't needed. the only thing that is needed are prayers for her and the kids.

Chasitys Family
Chasitys Family 09/13/11 - 09:55 pm

thank you for understanding thats all we are asking for

happychimer
happychimer 09/14/11 - 10:15 am
Anyone who drinks and drives

Anyone who drinks and drives should never have the privilege to drive ever again.Those 2 kids are in my thoughts and prayers.I will never understand why anyone can drink and drive. Too many have been injured and killed by drunk drivers. There are no excuses for anyone to drink and drive. none

stillamazed
stillamazed 09/14/11 - 11:29 am
I agree happychimer and to

I agree happychimer and to Chasitys family, I don't think all the comments were rude. Just because a person comments and someone else doesn't like it doesn't mean it is rude. The truth sometimes hurts and the truth is that this young woman got on a car after drinking how ever much she drank and she put her life and her childrens lives in jeopardy and it is by the grace of God that any of them survived. That is the truth and if that seems rude then I am sorry but again the truth hurts. People don't have much sympathy for drunk drivers because everyone knows it is illegal and dangerous. I do pray for those babies and I pray that she will get the help that she obviously needs.

happychimer
happychimer 09/14/11 - 12:33 pm
I know a woman whose husband

I know a woman whose husband and his nephew died because of a drunk driver.The nephew left a wife and a set of newborn triplets, all because someone chose to drink and drive. If the truth hurts, then we are suppose to tell a lie? I don't think so.

meme02
meme02 09/14/11 - 02:47 pm
She needs to be jailed and

She needs to be jailed and babies taken away put in foster home ! This is not her first time ! I feel nothing for her ..pitiful excuse for a mother !

BBSouth
BBSouth 09/14/11 - 04:20 pm
This wasn't the first time

This wasn't the first time she got into a car drunk and with her kids. Why didn't someone stop her?

daphne1622
daphne1622 09/14/11 - 08:45 pm
I saw this wreck on my way

I saw this wreck on my way home from work. . What in the world? If you dont care about yourself, please buckle up the kids. . Oh, and try not to be drinking with the kids in the car. .

Butterfly83
Butterfly83 09/15/11 - 01:36 pm
This is a person who was very

This is a person who was very irresponsible and didn't care enough about her children to not drink and drive with them in the vehicle. And to make matters worse, they weren't even buckled up! Maybe her family should've gotten her some help before she almost killed her children. I have NO sympathy for this woman and hope she never gets her kids back.

KellyRay
KellyRay 09/16/11 - 11:44 pm
I really wanna help could

I really wanna help could someone please call me or facebook me I have been worried to death and just wanna help in any way I can .....PLEASE Facebook Kelly Ray I have children and just wanna HELP Thank You !!!