Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Business reports someone shot, killed its watchdog

A Doug Barnard Parkway business employee told authorities that someone shot its watchdog to death.

According to a Richmond County Sheriff's Office incident report, the dog was found dead with gunshot wounds to its back and head after employees arrived to work at Maxim Crane Works, 1615 Doug Barnard Parkway, on Tuesday morning.

Authorities said the business buried the dog before notifying police.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/18/11 - 11:12 am
A break-in pending now.......

A break-in pending now.......

SouthAugustan
SouthAugustan 08/18/11 - 02:06 pm
I am so sorry to hear this.

I am so sorry to hear this. I drive by there every day on the way to and from work and I always look by his dog house to see if he's there.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 08/18/11 - 02:25 pm
Yep. Break in may now

Yep. Break in may now happen... The main thing crooks hate is a barking dog...

boredinaug
boredinaug 08/18/11 - 03:28 pm
I cannot believe someone shot

I cannot believe someone shot this dog. I worked at Maxim several years ago and this dog was very protective, yet mild mannered. She was actually a stray that the employees took in and looked after. What is wrong with people that they would kill this dog for no good reason? I'm just glad I don't work in that area anymore...I'm now worried for those who do.

TotMom
TotMom 08/18/11 - 03:35 pm
Whoever shot this dog in the

Whoever shot this dog in the head, should get the same treatment.

TK3
TK3 08/18/11 - 08:15 pm
I know it is hard to do but I

I know it is hard to do but I would go to the shelter and find another dog in need and ALSO put $30 cam high up facing street and connect to a old VCR inside set to record at night. I would love to catch the punk scum that murdered your watchdog.

TheGeorgian
TheGeorgian 08/18/11 - 10:28 pm
I would love to sit there at

I would love to sit there at night with my Smith & Wessons and wait for these cretins to come back and break in....a little retroactive birth control. Think I'm kidding? I'm not. I spent nearly seven years in another county doing just that.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/18/11 - 10:51 pm
Someone that would do this to

Someone that would do this to a dog, isn't far from doing it to a human being, too. My first thought was that the business is being primed and targeted for theft. I hope whoever did this gets caught and the book thrown at them.

goldie53
goldie53 08/18/11 - 11:07 pm
I hate to hear this news. I

I hate to hear this news. I drive by there and always look for the beautiful dog. I hope they find out who did this. They should be put in jail and serve time.

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/18/11 - 11:19 pm
Anyone who would kill a watch

Anyone who would kill a watch dog would also kill an employee that might be working late and alone. They need to be taken down....permanently.

commonsense-is-endangere
commonsense-is-endangere 08/21/11 - 10:26 pm
Dogs are no protection to

Dogs are no protection to armed intruders.

TheGeorgian
TheGeorgian 08/21/11 - 11:53 pm
They need security cameras

They need security cameras and an armed guard after hours. That would help put these Neanderthals behind bars for a good long time. I hope the company will consider taking measures...

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.