Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

North Augusta Wal-Mart robbed

Two men got away with an unknown amount of cash after an armed robbery at the Wal mart in North Augusta on Friday night, according to a report from North Augusta Public Safety.

Back | Next
  Special
Special

A 57-year-old Wal mart Gar­den Center clerk from Beech Island told police that two black men, one with dreadlocks and the other wearing a red and blue hat, put a handgun to her head and took all the money in the cash register. Witnesses said the men ran out the door of the Wal mart at 1201 Knox Ave., and down the access road into Martintown Plaza.

The victim told police she saw the men take two sodas from the cooler near the register before they walked to the back wall, where they stayed for several minutes before getting in the checkout line.

The woman said one man handed her $2, and when she looked down, the other man put a gun to her head and demanded she open the cash register and give him the money, according to the report.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 07/16/11 - 10:04 pm
Sounds fishy to me!

Sounds fishy to me!

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/16/11 - 10:47 pm
Sounds about right to me...I

Sounds about right to me...I was wondering when I'd see the next article on crime. I was beginning to wonder...

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 07/17/11 - 12:37 am
I guess if I knew more like

I guess if I knew more like the time of the robbery maybe it wouldn't sound as fishy. I know after a certain time that part of the store is closed.

Vettegirl
Vettegirl 07/17/11 - 01:00 am
Another report of this

Another report of this incident shows a picture of one man in the store with a time stamp of 9:15pm and states that the robbery took place around 9:30. I know I was in the Aiken Walmart on Richland Ave when they were announcing the closing of the garden center and it was 10pm. Thank God no one was injured in this robbery and I pray those responsible are caught quickly and brought to justice!

irishgent
irishgent 07/17/11 - 06:53 am
what does mentioning where

what does mentioning where the cleerk is from have anything to do with this story?

tanbaby
tanbaby 07/17/11 - 07:35 am
they look like the two fools

they look like the two fools who broke into that metal recycling place (?) the other night.

teresausa
teresausa 07/17/11 - 09:05 am
I agree tanbaby, I saw the

I agree tanbaby, I saw the jail report pictures of the guys who were going through the fence at that recycling place the other night and the one with the dreads really does look like that guy. I think it just may be the same guys.. If so, they have escalated to an "open public place" now. Hope they catch them before they decide to do more foolishness and someone gets hurt or killed.

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/17/11 - 11:00 am
NOW, I see why this wasn't in

NOW, I see why this wasn't in Saturday's AC.

allhans
allhans 07/17/11 - 05:11 pm
The thugs get more brazen

The thugs get more brazen every day.

hockeyplayer
hockeyplayer 07/19/11 - 07:16 pm
Real crime in North

Real crime in North Augusta??? This is shocking! Please post tips on solving crime here so the police can find this man and hopefully they won't arrest the cashier

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 07/20/11 - 01:02 pm
A large part of the criminal

A large part of the criminal element crosses the river....but I have to agree.... NA police are really good guys...I have worked with them in the past...but from experience I know that they have a really hard time "solving" crimes....(sorry guys) ya'll ever find my safe?

IamNOTU
IamNOTU 07/20/11 - 07:19 pm
Some of the police are "good

Some of the police are "good guys" but there are some others that are cowboy cops and do a disservice to the North Augusta community. They need to focus on real crime and stick to the facts instead of worrying about how many tickets or arrests they make. Integrity is more important than the numbers. If they concentrated on crime we would have less problems over here. We need to keep the good guys, get rid of the ones that don't serve the community properly and hire some other real, true police officers. Until then.....