Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man indicted in death of water plant worker

Water employee killed after argument with truck driver

A Columbia County grand jury has indicted a Hephzibah man in the April 1 shooting death of a county water treatment plant employee.

The jury indicted Thomas Eugene Bradford, 42, for murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, according to court documents released Friday.

Police say he shot Raymond V. Lee, 38, of Grovetown, at the Reed Creek Water Pol­lution Control Plant in Mar­tinez after the men started arguing.

Riverman1
120946
Riverman1 05/27/11 - 10:53 am
It's a shame those guys

It's a shame those guys couldn't have settled matters with a good old fashioned fist fight or whoever thought he was attacked calling the law. Something is wrong with our society when we let matters go this far. Bradford should have never brought the gun into the equation, no matter if the law gives him the right to defend himself. Good old fashioned common sense and respect for human life should have prevailed over his actions.

storiesihaveread
storiesihaveread 05/27/11 - 11:52 am
Well said Riverman

Well said Riverman

ADAMS
ADAMS 05/27/11 - 02:40 pm
Wow! The judge did not find

Wow! The judge did not find him mentally incompetent.

kristie29841
kristie29841 05/27/11 - 04:02 pm
Guns guns guns. Why has that

Guns guns guns. Why has that become the answer to everything. Disgruntled? Upset with someone? Seems this is the norm of how to handle people that tick you off? Just shoot em! Just waiting for someone at McDonalds to get shot-they always make me mad. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you can't control your temper you sure don't need to even own a gun much less carry one with you.

WW1949
WW1949 05/27/11 - 08:48 pm
Control of your temper are

Control of your temper are the key words. Big deal if someone cusses you out. The big and smart man turns and walks away and the dummie stays there.

tbmuch
tbmuch 05/29/11 - 09:19 am
@Riverman 1, I applaud you

@Riverman 1, I applaud you for your wisdom.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/29/11 - 09:33 am
Don't make river's head get

Don't make river's head get toooo beeeg.....:O)

Once a woman jumped out of her car & started beating on my car..... she thought I was sitting too long in a drive-through waiting for my order (I guess) Thank goodness she didn't have a gun.....

Riverman1
120946
Riverman1 05/29/11 - 09:43 am
SeenitB4, hahah. Were you

SeenitB4, hahah. Were you trying to get your burger done your way and giving them lengthy instructions or something?

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/29/11 - 09:50 am
Nope....The woman was just

Nope....The woman was just WILD & CRAZY......I was young back then & I think I could have whupped her----heck....I could probably do it now too!! .. LOL

ddawg202
ddawg202 06/02/11 - 12:13 am
One step closer to having

One step closer to having this man locked away for life!!!

beautee
beautee 02/08/12 - 03:49 pm
this man should never walk

this man should never walk with society, Raymond Lee was the best man I have ever met.....he was called to that plant on that day to settle a disturbance by Bradford.....he was un-armed and doing his job.......Bradford will stay in jail for a long time if justice is done!