Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Stolen training range items found by police

About $1,000 worth of equipment from the Richmond County Sheriff's Office was recovered this week, according to Sgt. Bill Leisey.

Patterson  Richmond County Sheriff's Office
Richmond County Sheriff's Office
Patterson

Authorities found the items after issuing a search warrant Thursday for a home in the 4600 block of Etterlee Road in Blythe.

Vernard Bernard Patterson, 54, who lives in the home, was charged with simple battery and a felony charge of theft by receiving stolen property.

Leisey said more than $25,000 in equipment was stolen from the training range Feb. 16 . Authorities are still searching for the remaining items.

The sheriff's office is not disclosing what items were stolen.

tuffenuf4u
tuffenuf4u 01/28/11 - 12:39 pm
Well a thief and girl friend

Well a thief and girl friend beater. What a fine upstanding member of society. Now we will have to pay for his healthcare.

storiesihaveread
storiesihaveread 01/28/11 - 12:53 pm
Hmm seems the family members

Hmm seems the family members carried out there own justice. Also what person in there right mind would steal from the police.. Then still have the items 11 months after it happened!

ishouldknowbetter
ishouldknowbetter 01/28/11 - 01:18 pm
Today I am thankful that my

Today I am thankful that my mother did not name me rhyming names.

follower 01/28/11 - 01:33 pm
ishould, seems like his

ishould, seems like his mother's choice on a name was just the beginning of poor decisions in his upbringing.

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/28/11 - 03:59 pm
As far as what was stolen, it

As far as what was stolen, it should be a public record if the Sheriff made a report of stolen property.

JackBootedThug
JackBootedThug 01/28/11 - 05:28 pm
@tuffenuf4u: I'll bet we were

@tuffenuf4u: I'll bet we were already paying for his healthcare.

NancyCasto
NancyCasto 01/28/11 - 05:59 pm
To bad family members of the

To bad family members of the girl did not break his neck and save taxpayers the cost of a trial. I'd be willing to bet he did not pay a dime for the bandages and neck brace.

WoodyKaminer
WoodyKaminer 01/28/11 - 10:13 pm
I should know better-

I should know better- She could have named him Vatterson Batterson Patterson. hahahaha

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 01/29/11 - 06:49 am
Sweet Son, nothing is a

Sweet Son, nothing is a public record for an ongoing investigation nor should it be unless the Sheriff's Office wants that information released. If public records covered open cases, all kinds of crime, including murder could go unsolved and/or be far more difficult to investigate.

Good job to RCSO for the arrest.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/29/11 - 09:50 am
I wonder if a female did this

I wonder if a female did this much damage to him...lol

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 01/29/11 - 09:06 pm
Have the shotguns stolen out

Have the shotguns stolen out of RCSO cars through the fence behind Red Lobster been recovered yet?

Dixieman
Dixieman 01/31/11 - 07:05 am
I like the Star Trek

I like the Star Trek communicator device on the front of his neck brace!

Commission plays 'Let's Make A Deal'

Political rumors are running wild in Augusta just like goats at city detention ponds. For example, here are e-mails that have been making the rounds.