Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

3 Christmas displays vandalized, stolen

Three Columbia County residents told police that their holiday decorations were vandalized or stolen.

An Evans woman said that on Thursday someone arranged decorative deer in the yard of her Maple Ridge Court home so that they appeared to be mating.

On Saturday evening, an Evans man said, he heard a noise outside his Astor Court home. When he looked out, he noticed that all his Christmas lights were out. He found two lighted trees and two lighted reindeer unplugged. One of the trees was broken, and a reindeer was taken apart and thrown into the street.

Finally, a Martinez woman said one of her Christmas decorations was stolen Sunday. The woman said a snowman was taken from her Cofield Road home while she was shopping.

Suzy Q
Suzy Q 12/14/10 - 02:32 am
No doubt the work of little

No doubt the work of little punks with nothing better to do. If these areas don't have Neighborhood Watch programs now, maybe they will start one in the near future.
Helping and watching out for each other is the only way to put a damper on this kind of nonsense in nice neighborhoods.

bclicious
bclicious 12/14/10 - 07:31 am
Who steals christmas

Who steals christmas decorations? They are practically worthless!

Taylor B
Taylor B 12/14/10 - 07:48 am
Lol on the mating reindeer!

Lol on the mating reindeer! Seems like that happens once a year.

Southern_Patriot
Southern_Patriot 12/14/10 - 08:12 am
The scumbags that stole

The scumbags that stole Christmas

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 12/14/10 - 08:33 am
I'll bet the dispatcher on

I'll bet the dispatcher on duty got a real chuckle.

"Ma'am, your reindeer are doing what?"

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/10 - 09:34 am
Punks with time on their

Punks with time on their hands.

TCB22
TCB22 12/14/10 - 11:02 am
The reindeer at our Evans

The reindeer at our Evans home were also unplugged. It's not easy to disconnect since the plug is pretty tight, so someone had to do it on purpose. I guess this is supposed to be funny?

countyman
20129
countyman 12/14/10 - 11:04 am
I can't believe the Chronicle

I can't believe the Chronicle actually printed a crime that occured in Columbia County... Usually they don't print any crimes, whether its weapons and drugs in the schools, or petty burgalries and car thefts...

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 12/14/10 - 11:09 am
The reindeer mating is pretty

The reindeer mating is pretty funny.

gustagirl
gustagirl 12/14/10 - 02:37 pm
There is nothing funny about

There is nothing funny about vandalism!!!!!

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 12/14/10 - 04:38 pm
Vandalism and theft are not

Vandalism and theft are not funny.

bclicious
bclicious 12/15/10 - 12:23 am
This is more stupid than

This is more stupid than funny.

Suzy Q
Suzy Q 12/15/10 - 02:35 am
countyman, give it a rest

countyman, give it a rest already. There's a link to the CC reports at the top of the page.

fastz28girl
fastz28girl 12/15/10 - 07:56 am
thugs have done the crimes in

thugs have done the crimes in Richmond county, now they are filtrating into Columbia County.

dougk
dougk 12/15/10 - 09:39 pm
Good grief, people....just

Good grief, people....just pranks and some funny stuff. These are the kids you are singing hymns with on Sunday morning....lighten up.

lieutenantkitten
lieutenantkitten 12/17/10 - 11:10 am
"Lighten Up?" Really?! I

"Lighten Up?" Really?! I mean, yes I understand that statement when dealing with the "mating incident," but when it comes to man off of Astor Court who "found two lighted trees and two lighted reindeer unplugged. One of the trees was broken, and a reindeer was taken apart and thrown into the street" the phrase "lighten up" seems to be a bit light.
I don't know what you think or how much you have, but a $25 decoration is a large amount of money to me this year. And I doubt that those cost that little.
The front yard Christmas decor at my house is from my Grandfather, who has passed, and the decorations remind me of him and the fun we had as I grew up year after year. If those were broken I would be really upset and heart broken.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.