Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man is robbed walking from store

Two men assaulted a man walking home from a store at 1502 Central Ave. on Friday evening, fleeing with his wallet, cell phone and two six-packs of beer, according to a Richmond County sheriff's report.

Robert Lee Jackson, 39, told police that the men, who were in their early 20s, punched and kicked him and took his wallet and cell phone when he fell to the ground, the report says.

dwb619
dwb619 08/28/10 - 11:25 pm
Concealed Weapon Permit and

Concealed Weapon Permit and good gun control.

lsmith
lsmith 08/29/10 - 12:00 am
Hmmm.......the only

Hmmm.......the only description he gave was two men in their 20's? OR did the Chronicle sanitize this report for some reason. "OK, NOW HEAR THIS, EVERYONE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR TWO MEN IN THEIR EARLY 20'S. That ought to get the telephones ringin'. I'm glad they mentioned the beer that might help too.

crackerjack
crackerjack 08/29/10 - 02:38 am
And since that part of town

And since that part of town is so sparsely populated, their were no witnesses, of course. And since their was no description given, except for two men in their early 20s. My question is, how does Mr. Jackson know they were men? They could have been some mean ugly women.

disssman
disssman 08/29/10 - 06:16 am
Question. If cell phones are

Question. If cell phones are the target of crooks, why can't the police charge anyone receiving a call from, or making a call to a stolen phone with "aiding and abeting a crime"? My god there are things called phone records that list the numbers. Or maybe that is too intrusive into a criminals life.

fontana
fontana 08/29/10 - 08:54 am
Great descriptions of the

Great descriptions of the robbers. I'll be keeping my eyes open for 2-20 year old Martians, with a wallet and a cell phone (you know the beer is gone).

dani
dani 08/29/10 - 03:57 pm
Haven't people learned yet

Haven't people learned yet that you can't walk down the street. Gracious.

airbud7
airbud7 08/29/10 - 11:53 am
anyone walking down the

anyone walking down the street with cold beer is a target

bentman
bentman 08/29/10 - 12:50 pm
Knowing that neighborhood,

Knowing that neighborhood, I'll bet it was those 20 year old Icelanders terrorizing the area.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 08/29/10 - 01:14 pm
That's near 15th Street and

That's near 15th Street and Central Avenue, a hop and a skip from the MCG complex.

workingirl32
workingirl32 08/29/10 - 01:30 pm
six packs of beer and walk

six packs of beer and walk home? interesting!!!

curly123053
curly123053 08/29/10 - 02:13 pm
Just a thought, can't police

Just a thought, can't police contact the cell phone provider and locate the phone via satellite? I have heard of missing people being found this way.

grinder48
1976
grinder48 08/29/10 - 02:19 pm
plus they don't even say what

plus they don't even say what time of day or night this happened. Another great job by AC

corgimom
corgimom 08/29/10 - 02:34 pm
"Concealed Weapon

"Concealed Weapon Permit"-sure, a gun is just the thing.

"Wait a minute, homies, let me set down my packs so that I can get out my gun!"

Does anyone really think that the RCSO would waste their time tracking down stolen cell phones that aren't worth $20? The thieves sell them, what good would tracking them do?

"This cell phone was reported stolen. Where did you get it?"
"From Bunnyboo, that's the only name I know him by, that be his street name."

See how pointless that would be?

chascush
chascush 08/29/10 - 08:43 pm
corg, "Wait a minute, homies,

corg, "Wait a minute, homies, let me set down my packs so that I can get out my gun!"
You have the beer in one hand and your other hand on the gun. That is way I do it except I’m would not be walking on an Augusta street after dark. There are too many CIVILIZED places to buy beer.

Faces of Survivial: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...