Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

'Brutal' stabbing kills woman in Grovetown

An autopsy revealed a Grovetown woman died Wednesday night after receiving several sharp force and blunt force injuries, according to Deputy Coroner Harriett Garrison

Michael Todd Williams, 40.  Special
Special
Michael Todd Williams, 40.

Misty Weegar, 41, was found at her residence at the 300 block of High Meadows Place in Grovetown around 10:30 p.m. with seven stab wounds to the torso and blunt force injuries to the head, according to Columbia County sheriff’s Captain Steve Morris.

Investigators said the attack happened several hours before they were notified by a third party, who was not at the scene of the crime.

Deputy Coroner Harriett Garrison called the attack on Weegar “brutal.”

Michael Todd Williams, 40, of 221 Matson Court, Martinez, is being held as a suspect, Morris said.

He was arrested at his residence on charges of murder and possession of a knife during the commission of a crime, Morris said.

Investigators believe the couple had been in a relationship for around eight months.

Authorities have been unable to find any previous cases of domestic violence from the suspect or victim.

“If there were cases of domestic violence, they have not been reported to us,” Morris said.

Weegar had recently moved to the residence in Grovetown and has two teenage children. Morris said he isn’t sure if the children lived with their mother.

Police collected significant evidence, including the murder weapon, when search warrants were executed at Weegar’s and Williams’ homes, Morris said. Williams’ vehicle also was seized.

Williams is being held in the Columbia County Detention Center without bond, according to jail records.

cparker
cparker 08/12/10 - 09:29 am
This is a terrible and sad

This is a terrible and sad situation. At least this proves a valuable point to many on this site.... Immorality has no race, no gender, and no address!!

OhWell
OhWell 08/12/10 - 09:34 am
I worked with Mr. Williams

I worked with Mr. Williams about 10 years ago and it is hard for me to believe this happened. My thoughts and prayers are with Todd and his family and the victims family also.

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 08/12/10 - 09:50 am
Misty is a family friend of

Misty is a family friend of ours. My thoughts and certainly prayers go out for her family.

whatever1234
whatever1234 08/12/10 - 09:57 am
Did she have children? Who

Did she have children? Who found her?

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 08/12/10 - 10:08 am
She has two children. One

She has two children. One grandchild. One son and One daughter.

whatever1234
whatever1234 08/12/10 - 10:11 am
So sad, please tell me it was

So sad, please tell me it was not one of the children that found her like that?

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 08/12/10 - 10:14 am
Not sure yet. Not many

Not sure yet. Not many details.

joyce
joyce 08/12/10 - 10:21 am
This is beyond sad,yet

This is beyond sad,yet another domestic killing happened early this morning on Belair road last night. A woman was stabbed to death by her Boyfriend,so sad. I Pray for all the family members and the children that's left without their mother.

whatever1234
whatever1234 08/12/10 - 10:21 am
Praying for this family. By

Praying for this family. By the way, ispy4 - really, that is so uncalled for, it's like repeating something awful is almost as bad as saying it originally.

UGAFan22
UGAFan22 08/12/10 - 10:26 am
Where did this guy work? He

Where did this guy work? He looks familiar for some reason.

jamye83
jamye83 08/12/10 - 10:41 am
I Cleaned For Misty,She Was A

I Cleaned For Misty,She Was A Really Bright And Sweet Lady And Always Helped Me Out When I Needed Her When I Heard This News It Sent Chills Up My Spine,Im Still In Awe.Ive Met The Man As Well He Seemed Normal At The Time I Guess You Really Dont Know People Theses Days.They Can Look Normal But Have A Evil Streak In The Them!My Heart And Prayers Go Out To Her Son And Daughter And All Her Family,This Is Gonna Be A Hard One To Go Through! R.I.P Misty You Will Be Dearly Missed~ ;O(

andywarhol
andywarhol 08/12/10 - 11:03 am
I wonder how many times she

I wonder how many times she had made unnoticed cries for help or had attempted to escape this relationship before it ended deadly. It seems that most cases like this end up "Kill (and be convicted) or be killed"

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 08/12/10 - 12:33 pm
Not many Andy, We would have

Not many Andy, We would have known.

justus4
justus4 08/12/10 - 12:52 pm
Just reading the story, and

Just reading the story, and several failures jump right out, but the guy is presumed "innocent." Is there a history of violence? Were there restraining orders? Were these two married? Children? Where is the 911 call? Who made it? Why is the local printing operation calling this a "domestic argument" and where is that evidence? Will prosecutors seek the death penalty? Is a knife slaying worst than at gun point? In any event, this was an example of violence and the utmost justice should be the objective for all involved.

dianeb.
dianeb. 08/12/10 - 12:55 pm
horrible,horrible situation

horrible,horrible situation and so sad....and i just wonder if the media will cover this as extensively as the did the facebook case? so many women and children dying from domestic violence....i would like to know how many children and women have died in local surrounding areas in the last five years? i knew personally of a case (bad injuries,but not death) that the prevailing attitude seemed to be,oh well,she's a grown woman,she didn't have to stay in the situation!

jamye83
jamye83 08/12/10 - 01:24 pm
She Wasnt Married To This Man

She Wasnt Married To This Man They Recently Seprated,And She Decided It Would Be Better For Herself If She Moved out On Her Own And I Guess He Wasnt happy With That,He Wasnt Even Suppose To Know Where She Moved To.So She Didnt Stay In The Situtation!No One Needs To Jump To Conclusions On What Happened Bc What Happened Is Horrible And Traggic.I Didnt Know Her For Very Long But I Do Know She Was A Good Women With A Strong Head On Her Shoulder And She Was Trying To Better Herself Without Him!

Austin Rhodes
Austin Rhodes 08/12/10 - 01:34 pm
I will have a few answers for

I will have a few answers for you at 3pm...

andywarhol
andywarhol 08/12/10 - 01:50 pm
You Seem To Know A Lot For A

You Seem To Know A Lot For A Simple Cleaning Lady With A Profound Need To Use Capitol Letters!

bigreddog
bigreddog 08/12/10 - 02:04 pm
She said he had a jealous

She said he had a jealous streak but I never saw this coming. She didn't deserve this; she was a wonderful woman with a great heart. She weather many storms in her life. I met him with her a couple of times and thought he was a little off.

Dudeness
Dudeness 08/12/10 - 02:19 pm
He looks a lot like the

He looks a lot like the sketch of that serial stabber that they say was caught in Atlanta.

Cadence
Cadence 08/12/10 - 02:36 pm
Very sad. Women need to be

Very sad. Women need to be better educated about leaving a violent relationship in a safe way. The most dangerous time is when she leaves, not during the actual relationship. I am very sorry for her friends and family. Very sad.

iam4him
iam4him 08/12/10 - 03:17 pm
who is he where did he come

who is he where did he come from. where did he work. does he have a previous family

disssman
disssman 08/12/10 - 05:11 pm
ohwell. People like you are

ohwell. People like you are the reason this country is in decline. Do you really want to pray for todd and his family, and "oh by the way the victim also"? What we need to pray for is his sudden demise in jail. That would save us some taxes at least.

bfarrell89
bfarrell89 08/12/10 - 05:28 pm
Seriously... I AM family, and

Seriously... I AM family, and to know that Misty is gone is heartbreaking. But, lets pray for the man who MURDERED HER? Knowing that her children and grandchild will never see her again, but lets make it an afterthought? We knew that there were issues, and we knew she needed to get away, but no one ever thought something like this would happen. She was finally turning things around, and she seemed like she was happy. Her daughter just got married, she has a beautiful granddaughter... and it all got ripped away. So, yes, I agree... lets pray for "his sudden demise in jail" and that's the only prayer that man will get.

backagain
backagain 08/12/10 - 05:33 pm
This is sad and terrible,it's

This is sad and terrible,it's over most of your head.The key here is changing.No one want's to give.Everyone wants to talk,no one wants to listen anymore.All we concern ourselves with are self offenses.How can you possibly concern yourself with TAXES.Saving Taxes.I am beginning to believe Ignorance is Bliss!!!

backagain
backagain 08/12/10 - 05:46 pm
A woman is killed every 30

A woman is killed every 30 SECONDS in America,by a deranged husband or boyfriend,this is the third time i've commented on this,obviously no one cares.We wonder why the police is called during domesticated situations an immediately take sides with the woman,this is why.If you got to kill a woman because she want's to leave you do yourself and everyone else a favor blow your brain's out.That would garner more respect.Personally,i don't care rather you're alive or dead.Any man that hit's a woman is a piece of S... Hit me and see how long you live.

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 08/12/10 - 05:56 pm
Bring back the firing squad.

Bring back the firing squad. He should be the first candidate!. That's the ONLY prayers he will get from me too.

bfarrell89
bfarrell89 08/12/10 - 05:57 pm
I'm certainly not concerned

I'm certainly not concerned with saving taxes. I'm concerned with justice being served for Misty and every other woman whose lives were ended like hers. We loved her very much, and will miss her dearly. Its a huge wake up call. You always read about and see things like this, and you don't ever think it could happen to someone that you love. And, I agree... if you feel the need to kill a woman because she left you, take your own life. Instead of leaving her children motherless.

toosense
toosense 08/12/10 - 07:27 pm
Was Misty married at one

Was Misty married at one point to an administrator at the airport? The name is very familiar and I am hoping I am confused with someone else.

Condolences to the family of this young woman.

happychimer
20209
happychimer 08/12/10 - 07:36 pm
Michael Todd Williams is low

Michael Todd Williams is low down trash, and I hope he gets what he deserves. A male is not a man if he beats a woman. I am thankful that my husband is good to me and treats me like a queen.