Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Dearing man indicted in death of 65-year-old

A McDuffie County grand jury has indicted a 51-year-old Dearing businessman on manslaughter charges in the death of an elderly man who authorities initially thought had died from an accidental fall in his home this year.

The two-count indictment was returned against H. Peter Bolia, the owner of C&T Auto on the Augusta Highway near Dearing, according to records released Thursday. He is accused of causing the April 2 death of Louie Williford, 65, of the 100 block of South Railroad Street, Dearing.

Bolia was arrested soon after the indictment. Police have alleged that Bolia injured Williford in a fight at Williford's home.

montega12
montega12 08/06/10 - 03:10 pm
wow a 34 year old was engaged

wow a 34 year old was engaged to a 65 year old man and she was having an affair say it aint so

oldenoughtoknowbetter
oldenoughtoknowbetter 08/06/10 - 03:16 pm
Bolia did two tours in Viet

Bolia did two tours in Viet Nam? He must have been 10-12 years old.

dwb619
dwb619 08/06/10 - 04:02 pm
Article says he was 65 years

Article says he was 65 years old. That would place his birth year at 1945. 1945 + 18 years of age = 1963. Viet Nam ended in 1975. Gives him 12 years between age of 18 and 30 to have served.

RAINBOW
RAINBOW 08/06/10 - 05:00 pm
If they victim was 65 he

If they victim was 65 he wouldnt have had to be 10 or 12 years old do your math

jamesmonty
jamesmonty 08/06/10 - 07:53 pm
oldenoughtoknowbetter and

oldenoughtoknowbetter and rainbow, you both need to go back to school. I was born in 1943 and went into the Army when I was 18 years-old in 1962. And I can do the math.

rmajor
rmajor 08/06/10 - 08:16 pm
Beautiful, young women are a

Beautiful, young women are a dime a dozen. This doesn't even make sense for two people to lose their lives, one is literally, dead and the other is the walking dead because he is going to prison. Of course, the damsel in question will find someone else to date. Come on gentlemen, it truly is not that serious. Unfortunate judgment calls about a woman when there are so many women, has costs two men their lives.

truthfully2u
truthfully2u 08/09/10 - 09:49 am
Did it ever occur to you WAG

Did it ever occur to you WAG that this man has a family? This man was my uncle and he didn't deserve to die. You don't know the details so keep your mouth shut.

pangaearising@yahoo.com
pangaearising@yahoo.com 08/18/10 - 12:13 am
My brother Peter is the man

My brother Peter is the man wrongfully accused of this crime. I am 43 and was born in Vietnam - did it occur to anyone that we lived in a war torn country when we were children? Hell, you have to 18 to be drafted in America - think about being a kid at the time in Vietnam - believe me, we did our tour of duty. My brother is being tried in the court of public opinion. Did this nephew of the deceased tell you he is a cop? His uncle had a full autopsy and his cause of death was determined then. It was not murder accidental or otherwise. This is a case of an Asian man being railroaded into a conviction because they can. And unfortunately, truth does not equal justice. My brother is innocent - a small fact that cops with personal vendettas seem to forget. My brother will have his day in court and all of this will be found ridiculous. In the meantime, he will be financially ruined and his reputation destroyed based on a false accusation. It's the Salem Witch trials - point a finger at your neighbor and you can bring them down. All my brother is guilty of is being a minority in a town where the bullies wear police badges. He survived Vietnam, does he have to live through this too? BTW, our father served in Korea and Vietnam. He is 76 and nothing broke his heart as how much his own country is betraying his son.

rule_of_law
rule_of_law 09/07/10 - 02:12 pm
Pangaea Rising, You made a

Pangaea Rising, You made a lot of irrelevant comments. Your (and your brother's) ethnicity and childhood have no bearing on the case. It is against the law for anyone, regardless of race or upbringing, to kill another human being. The occupations of the victim's family members is also irrelevant. I'm sure Mr. Williford has many relatives in a variety of professions who all loved him. Speaking of "ridiculous," obviously your brother was not arrested because he is Asian! Clearly the authorities have reason to believe he committed the crime. According to the McDuffie Mirror, Investigator Reeves said, "When we got there, I told Bolia that this day was coming," and your brother replied, '"Yep, I've been waiting on you.'" That doesn't sound like the words of an innocent man.

Turkeys taste own medicine

I got up and out of my sickbed so I could write this column because it’s time for the annual Turkey of the Year awards, the highlight of the holiday season.