Hearing delayed for Marines charged in gay man's beating

SAVANNAH  — A hearing for two Beaufort-based Marines charged with beating up a gay man in Savannah has been postponed.

Cpl. Keil J. Cronauer, 22, and Lance Cpl. Christopher C. Stanzel, 23, are charged with misdemeanor battery in the June 12 attack on 26-year-old Kieran Daly.

Assistant District Attorney Laura Singleton asked for a continuance of at least two weeks to allow her office to further investigate the incident.

Both Marines remain confined to base as military officials conduct an internal investigation.

A Savannah police report says a police officer was patrolling when he saw two men running on Congress Lane. The Savannah Morning News reports that moments later, Daly was found lying motionless on a nearby street.

Comments (10)

30cal
30cal 07/09/10 - 09:17 am

I think they do not have a

I think they do not have a very strong case or they would go for it now.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 07/09/10 - 09:22 am

I think they are still trying

I think they are still trying to figure out whether the gay man actually winked at the marines or not?

Retard
Retard 07/09/10 - 10:12 am

Why does it matter that he's

Why does it matter that he's gay? Do they have evidence that he was beaten because he was gay?

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 07/09/10 - 10:27 am

must be a pretty tough Gay

must be a pretty tough Gay dude if it takes 2 marines to beat him

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 07/09/10 - 11:06 am

Retard-that is an interesting

Retard-that is an interesting point. He may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time!

veggie-d
veggie-d 07/09/10 - 01:02 pm

coastaldawg- lemme get this

coastaldawg- lemme get this straight...you believe that winking at someone could be considered sexual battery???

i MIGHT see that only IF your eyelashes actually touch the other person...and...you're grabbing their crotch at the same time!

veggie-d
veggie-d 07/09/10 - 02:45 pm

dukedirtbag- "must be a tough

dukedirtbag- "must be a tough gay guy if it took two marines to beat him."...????...hmmmmm...

don't think there are any GAY MARINES?

don't think there are any GAY WRESTLERS in the WWE?? (that stuff is the epitome of homoeroticism...and a buncha "gay bashin' rednecks" EAT IT UP!)...

so...don't think there are any GAY REDNECKS???...how about GAY COPS?...GAY BOUNCERS???...GAY KICKBOXERS???...GAY FOOTBALL PLAYERS???...GAY CONSTRUCTION WORKERS???...

Georgiais1
Georgiais1 07/09/10 - 03:07 pm

I agree.....If I was gay, I

I agree.....If I was gay, I belive I would pick someone else to wink at other than two leathernecks. Sometimes bad decisions render bad results.

shannon22s
shannon22s 07/09/10 - 03:36 pm

;)

;)

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 07/09/10 - 08:54 pm

If you're known for doing

If you're known for doing stupid things for shock value, as veggie-d's gay is, then it's hard to impress the police when you're found with a swelled lip.