Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Police say father ordered 9-year-old girl to drink

Richmond County officers arrested an Augusta father Wednesday and charged him with making his 9-year-old daughter get drunk, and threatening to kill her if she didn't drink.

Augusta father Jeffery Hickson had a blood-alcohol level of 0.23 when he was arrested; his 9-year-old daughter's was 0.165.

Topic: Richmond County Sheriff’s Office
 - More coverage on this topic:

The child's mother, Francis Harris, told deputies she got a call about 11 p.m. from her daughter, who was crying and asking to be immediately picked up from her father, according to a news release from Capt. Scott Peebles.

When Harris and officers arrived, they met Jeffery Deon Hickson, 39, driving up with his daughter and a 5-year-old child from another relationship, Peebles said.

Police said both the 9-year-old and Hickson were intoxicated. The daughter had a blood-alcohol content of 0.165 and the father registered a 0.23, police said.

Deputies determined Hickson ordered the child "to drink or he would kill her," Peebles said.

Once Hickson learned his daughter called her mom, he allegedly drove the child to an unknown area and walked her into a wooded area, Peebles said.

Hickson took the child back to the residence after receiving a call asking him to return.

The child was taken to Medical College of Georgia Hospital.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 06/04/10 - 09:55 pm
^^^ snickers

^^^ snickers

corgimom
corgimom 06/05/10 - 08:06 am
I am crushed, katielou, that

I am crushed, katielou, that you don't think I'm fun. Just crushed. As for Cliff, he is obsessed with anything to do with homosexuality- and it's not tongue in cheek.

Keep posting, and you'll find that out.

KatieLou
KatieLou 06/05/10 - 09:37 am
@Corgi: Oh, well. If crushing

@Corgi: Oh, well. If crushing you actually mattered to me, I would give it more than a few seconds of thought. Your comments are mean-spirited and very often hateful, and you tend to use your version of "the facts" as a bludgeon. You're hyper-defensive about behaviors that many, possible even most, people consider anti-social and disgusting, and you engage in personal attacks on people's integrity and personal dignity if they state a moral belief or opinion that doesn't meet with your approval.

You seem to get away with it because you write well and use verifiable information in your distortion and mockery of truth.

Or you have a patron among the AC censors. Wouldn't that make you the lucky one!

As I also said before, you are exactly the kind of person I'm afraid will be deciding what kind of health care people I love are allowed to receive. It's a very, very scary thought.

Not only are you no fun, you're just plain mean.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/05/10 - 12:19 pm
Lucky me. I recognize the

Lucky me. I recognize the house shown on TV. I have family in that neighborhood. Great. First the Walker fugitive from Deen Avenue a few weeks back, now this.

corgimom
corgimom 06/06/10 - 06:29 pm
Hey, the last time I got

Hey, the last time I got called mean was in a Kindergarten class- by a 5 year old- and that's the same credence I give to your post, Katie.

"mockery of truth"? Well, ok then.

By the way, when did Cliff's post move from hyperbole and irony and tongue-in cheek to "mockery of truth"? You can't have it both ways. Which is it? I missed that part.

The best part is that maybe I have a patron with the AC censors.

As I say, this place always makes me laugh! You can't make this stuff up!

Angluvsherson
Angluvsherson 06/06/10 - 07:18 pm
I understand the animosity

I understand the animosity towards the father but no where did it say he was raping or trying to rape his daugher. This is how rumors get spread, not saying he didnt do it but I also know for a fact cough meds. have ETOH (alcohol) in it......Plus I'm not by any means downing the mother but some woman are quite devious. News story's are by far made up more then not I know from experiance<<< My mom always said believe half of what you see and none of what you hear!!!!!!!

corgimom
corgimom 06/06/10 - 10:14 pm
Angluv, cough medicine does

Angluv, cough medicine does not get a little girl's BAL to 0.165- and what other reason would a father do that and tell his little girl if she didn't drink it, he would kill her?

Do normal people tell children that about cough medicine? What cough medicine, when you give a child a spoonful of it, gets them very drunk?

And how does a mother get a police officer to find a BAL of 0.165% in her child's blood?

And why, after he found out she called her mother, would he then take her to a wooded area?

If you read the story again- the girl was with her father, she called her mother, the mother called the police- and then the man drove up with the girl. So how did the mother make that up?

There IS no other explanation. Cough medicine, for God's sake? What is wrong with you that you would try to rationalize this terrible act against a child?

Angluvsherson
Angluvsherson 06/07/10 - 06:03 am
Im not rationalizing anything

Im not rationalizing anything nobody knows the FACTS except what they read in a paper and 95 percent of the time its not even the truth so give this man what he deserves as well, innocence until proven guilty by the court of law then have a free for all with him until then everyone including myself needs to mind their own business........

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/07/10 - 06:08 pm
Little Lamb, you're right to

Little Lamb, you're right to wonder about the spelling. Francis is a man's name, Frances is the feminine version.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/07/10 - 06:10 pm
Angluvsherson, well said.

Angluvsherson, well said.

Smith case referred to Attorney General's office

A state probe into allegations former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith moonlighted for a hospitality company while drawing his Georgia State Patrol salary will be reviewed by the state attorney ...