Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Police say father ordered 9-year-old girl to drink

Richmond County officers arrested an Augusta father Wednesday and charged him with making his 9-year-old daughter get drunk, and threatening to kill her if she didn't drink.

Augusta father Jeffery Hickson had a blood-alcohol level of 0.23 when he was arrested; his 9-year-old daughter's was 0.165.

Topic: Richmond County Sheriff’s Office
 - More coverage on this topic:

The child's mother, Francis Harris, told deputies she got a call about 11 p.m. from her daughter, who was crying and asking to be immediately picked up from her father, according to a news release from Capt. Scott Peebles.

When Harris and officers arrived, they met Jeffery Deon Hickson, 39, driving up with his daughter and a 5-year-old child from another relationship, Peebles said.

Police said both the 9-year-old and Hickson were intoxicated. The daughter had a blood-alcohol content of 0.165 and the father registered a 0.23, police said.

Deputies determined Hickson ordered the child "to drink or he would kill her," Peebles said.

Once Hickson learned his daughter called her mom, he allegedly drove the child to an unknown area and walked her into a wooded area, Peebles said.

Hickson took the child back to the residence after receiving a call asking him to return.

The child was taken to Medical College of Georgia Hospital.

corgimom
corgimom 06/03/10 - 07:43 pm
He took her to a wooded area

He took her to a wooded area because he was thinking about raping and killing her. Thank God he changed his mind.

Johnston.cliff, you post it on up here, where the 9th circuit court of appeals ruled it was legal for a father to rape his 9 year old. You can't. There is something deeply wrong with you to post such a thing.

angeleyes
angeleyes 06/03/10 - 07:48 pm
what a complete idiot. i have

what a complete idiot. i have never in my life heard of a sorry father doing that to his own child. apparently he does not care about her. if he did then he would not have done that. i hope when he goes to jail he will get his you know what kicked... up one side down another

hickstreetlane
hickstreetlane 06/03/10 - 09:19 pm
This is beyond idiocy (maybe

This is beyond idiocy (maybe misspelled). This is sick and dastardly.
IDIOT, Persons. A person who has been without understanding from his nativity, and whom the law, therefore, presumes never likely to attain any. Shelf. on Lun. 2. 2. It is an imbecility or sterility of mind, and not a perversion of the understanding.
Idiot is too kind of a word for him. I cant help but notice the National Guard printing on his shirt. Not too cast aspersions on the military (I was in over 20 years). But if he was in the Guard, he had to have some intelligence, for lack of a better word.

Nightwing
Nightwing 06/03/10 - 09:14 pm
It should be a long time

It should be a long time before Hickson will see any children.

CitadelCadetCaravan
CitadelCadetCaravan 06/03/10 - 09:18 pm
...and tell me again why I am

...and tell me again why I am supposed to be open minded and accept different cultures and practices?...
If Obama- run courts can forgive those who want to cut our heads off (terrorists), trust me...this guy will find a court to sympathize with the plight of his community and release him to us (the general public) again. More tax dollars wasted on useless souls.

concrndcitzn
concrndcitzn 06/03/10 - 09:22 pm
And the christians want to

And the christians want to deny loving same-sex couples from adopting children, raising them in above average homes, with above average income, and with promises of an above average life, yet idiot heteros can have as many kids as they want. what is wrong with this world? God help us.

Deployed
Deployed 06/03/10 - 09:42 pm
Hickstreetlane: I am a vet

Hickstreetlane: I am a vet too. Let's hope the t-shirt is a gimme from a recruitment drive. Geez, they need to screen the people they give those shirts.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 06/03/10 - 10:00 pm
For the easily confused, the

corgimom
corgimom 06/03/10 - 10:24 pm
"For the easily confused, the

"For the easily confused, the 9th circuit ruled perverted relations between a child and an adult is okay if both are willing. Soon I'll start typing in crayon to make things easier to understand."

Type THIS in crayon, so you understand THIS. What that ruling about is there was a very bad law written in Georgia that said a teacher- of any sex- could not have sexual relations with a student- of any sex- BUT in that particular case, the "child" that you refer to was over the age of sexual consent- and because the law was poorly written, the teacher could use consensual sex as a defense. And she did. And, furthermore, a heterosexual teacher could've used the same defense because of the way that law was worded. The law has since been changed.

If you can't understand that, JC, I truly don't know what to tell you.

But please tell me how sexual relations between a child over 16 in high school and a teacher has ANYTHING to do with a father trying to rape a 9 year old- as in incest, and sex with a child UNDER the age of consent?

Go write in crayon "I am trying to talk about something totally different than what this story is about, and Corgimom called me on it, I obviously don't understand what the case was about" and then maybe you will understand how completely inappropriate and incorrect your comment was.

hirg_cola
hirg_cola 06/04/10 - 03:20 am
I don't think Fontana should

I don't think Fontana should be saying anything about the SC side of the river. Obviously from the incident, the "sophisticated" Georgians have no room to look down their noses at SC.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 06/04/10 - 06:28 am
Sorry for the confusion,

Sorry for the confusion, corgi. (excuse the crayon) Now imagine who would have thought a law that specifically denies the right to an adult having sex with a child would be reinterpreted by the courts to include an "age of consent" over all of the laws that include the power of one person over another. Now, imagine this same ruling to include the "social norm" in specific cultures. After reading this article again, I never saw the word rape... did you? According to the court ruling, apparently seduction is acceptable. Again, take into consideration ALL social norms among ALL cultures existing in this country.

sdrwtcn
sdrwtcn 06/04/10 - 06:30 am
I gather from some of you

I gather from some of you that this somehow is an issue of race? I am beginning to understand the problems around here.

ColCo
ColCo 06/04/10 - 06:31 am
I need a good laugh this

I need a good laugh this morning and am eagerly awaiting a post from justus defending Hickson.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 06/04/10 - 06:55 am
sdrwtcn, your gathering seems

sdrwtcn, your gathering seems odd. Maybe that explains the problems around here. My posts refer to culture with no reference to race. ( as a conservative, I consider race irrelevant. Actions speak louder than skin color)

GaCookie
GaCookie 06/04/10 - 07:11 am
There are no words.

There are no words.

isaidit
isaidit 06/04/10 - 07:55 am
Mom - I don't understand why

Mom - I don't understand why you discursively asserted rape into this story either!? It certainly wasn't mentioned in the article. Was it the "woods" thing that brought back some old memories?? Care to share? JC - Why would ANYONE, includung Justus, want to defend the actions or rationale of any parent, as abusive and ignorant as this father, regardless of race, committing such a hateful and sub-human act on his (or any) child? You give the impression that parental disasters, such as this nut case, are isolated and somewhat accepted to a certain culture or racial make-up!? Get real!

isaidit
isaidit 06/04/10 - 08:06 am
dissman 2:27 and redapples

dissman 2:27 and redapples 3:26......We must start doing better than that, can't we!!?? Shame on you both for your insensitive and "necked" comments! It never helps.

sdrwtcn
sdrwtcn 06/04/10 - 08:47 am
Read all the posts, and they

Read all the posts, and they will explain my gathering techniques, and if you can't see it, you are part of the problem.

30cal
30cal 06/04/10 - 09:20 am
I cannot but notice certain

I cannot but notice certain posters are missing on this subject .I'AM sure they will soon inform us that he was taking the child for a nature walk.
WHY did they not remove that shirt from that Turd. I did not notice if she was taken for a CHECKUP, it seems to be called for .
I don't believe in same sex couples BUT in this case the child would be better off.

injoy2day
injoy2day 06/04/10 - 10:20 am
What I don't understand are

What I don't understand are the charges, why isn't he being charged with attempted murder? Contributing to the deliquency of a minor? And everything else they can throw at him.

Richmnd Cty Votr
Richmnd Cty Votr 06/04/10 - 10:25 am
Wouldn't want to be

Wouldn't want to be Johnson.cliff's off spring! Or have children near him.

KatieLou
KatieLou 06/04/10 - 10:29 am
Cliff, I think the subtlety

Cliff, I think the subtlety of your dig at liberal judges for undermining social mores was a bit too obscure for some of the more literal-minded socially liberal among us. Remember, they don't view the moral slide of condoning, even celebrating unacceptable, anti-social behavior the same way conservatives do. The fact is, even wrinkling our noses at some behaviors inspires many of them to want to spit on us. An actual dig, no matter how subtle or ridiculous, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Hyperbole and irony are fast becoming lost art forms

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 06/04/10 - 02:04 pm
I don't even see a point in

I don't even see a point in the 9:22 comment. That post is way out there and IMO not very good representaion for your "cause". You won't change any minds with ignorant comments like that. Are you saying there are no same sex couples who are losers, criminals, immoral, bad parents...etc? Also, that all same sex couples can provide above average living for children? And heteros are idiots and who are bad to their kids and can't provide for them? Ya know, a lot of pedophiles have same sex relationships, yeah thats above average care. (sarcasm) How about a post to the bleeding hearts period, who will not let the gov't prevent losers who do not deserve children keep having them in the dozens? The fact is people who abuse children in any shape or form should not be allowed to keep having them. A person who molests and/or abuses and/or neglects his/her children have the right to conceive as many more as they wish and ruin more innocent lives. That's sick. Criminals rights should never be above protecting innocent people, but for some reason the bleeding hearts think the rights of criminals are far more important.

corgimom
corgimom 06/04/10 - 02:42 pm
Johnston.cliff apparently is

Johnston.cliff apparently is still ignorant about what the law refers to.

In Georgia, the legal age for someone to consent to sex is 16- when they are still minors. The law to which I am referring to is in regards to teachers. I guess in Cliff's world, teachers never date students. Actually, that is very common, and the law has only changed in recent years to prohibit that.

Wake up, Cliff. 16 and 17 year olds have relationships all the time with older people. Are you really that naive? Do you really think that 16 and 17 year olds only date other 16 and 17 year olds?

When I was 16, I dated an 18 year old. SHOCK! GASP!

Move on, Cliff, you messed this up, big-time.

mable8
mable8 06/04/10 - 04:22 pm
Mom had the right idea to

Mom had the right idea to call the police; hope she is able to obtain full custody and he loses all visitation with the child. There was also a 5 year old but the article did not say what happened to that child; hopefully, the mother was notified to pick him/her up. Unfortunately, the law does not permit such scum to be castrated--he's no more a father than he is a man.

lsmith
lsmith 06/04/10 - 04:45 pm
I think we all, of even

I think we all, of even moderate intelligence understand what the "walk into the woods" was intended for. For the majority of intelligent people a complete anology is not necessary. But just as a prior poster opined, I too am waiting for the predictable defense coming from JUSTUS4 for this poor misunderstood brotha.

Alas, after a few days at the 4th street holiday inn and he'll be back out on the streets looking for a more appreciative daughter, I'm sure he's got several others scattered about out there somewhere.

Runner46
Runner46 06/04/10 - 05:05 pm
This is a clear case of child

This is a clear case of child endangerment. Children are especially suseptable to alcohol poisoning. .165 blood alcohol content!

corgimom
corgimom 06/04/10 - 06:11 pm
Katielou, we know Cliff a

Katielou, we know Cliff a whole lot better than you do. It ain't hyperbole and irony.

You don't know what you are talking about. Neither did he.

It has nothing to do with hyperbole and irony- and that's the hysterical part, that you think that.

PS, Katielou- it had nothing to do with liberal judges and had everything to do with revising a poorly written law.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 06/04/10 - 08:27 pm
lol Katie I agree. Some

lol Katie I agree. Some people no matter how long they have been here don't get Cliffs sarcastic and hyperbole statements. I still think they are usually spot on, and hilarious, especially when people bite. lol Cliff has even gotten my husband a couple of times, especially when the name changed, its hilarious. I'm still cracking up on the hatchet post, hubby fell for it hook line and sinker. lol He was like can you believe this crazy $%^#$. All I could do was laugh.

KatieLou
KatieLou 06/04/10 - 09:54 pm
Corgi, I don't believe you

Corgi, I don't believe you have a clue about Cliff, much less know him even slightly better than I. You missed his whole point, and swallowed his bait with so much greediness that I'm surprised you haven't choked on it.

I'm beginning to think that social liberalism confers a type of fog over people's critical thinking ability. They seem to miss a lot, especially the tongue in cheek stuff.

And as I have said before, Corgi, you don't discuss; you pound. And you're no fun.