Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Woman reports home invasion

An Augusta woman said that three men kicked in her door, ransacked her apartment and dragged her 11-year-old daughter by the hair before fleeing about 12:45 a.m. today, according to a report from the Richmond County Sheriff's Office.
Crystal Fielding, of the 1800 block of Fayetteville Drive, told deputies that the three men who burst in and demanded money were in their 20s or 30s, with white T-shirts wrapped around their heads and faces.
One of the assailants grabbed the daughter by the hair, then released her and grabbed Fielding by the hair, according to the report. "Go get my gun. I'm going to kill her. Everybody lay down," he said.
The intruders left without taking anything.

KatieLou
KatieLou 05/30/10 - 10:20 pm
Such vile creatures, these

Such vile creatures, these three. Human excrement at its finest. I hope they are caught and their rotten images put up for all to see.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/30/10 - 10:34 pm
That's close to where Deans

That's close to where Deans Bridge and Milledgeville Road meet, in case you're wondering.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 05/30/10 - 10:49 pm
Wastes of flesh, I hope they

Wastes of flesh, I hope they all catch a bullet before they do end up killing someone.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 05/31/10 - 05:05 am
I hope there's more details

I hope there's more details in the follow-up. It's hard to be prepared when the first inkling of trouble is when your door is kicked in. If white t-shirts were wrapped around their heads and faces, how did she know their ages? and how did they see? What was their race? What is Ms. Fielding's race? To break in and show their rage and power just to leave seems like part of the story is missing.

jg41160
jg41160 05/31/10 - 05:25 am
Why is her race pertinent?

Why is her race pertinent? Oh, I get it. That way you can decide whether to comment that she's a victim deserving sympathy or a member of the entitlement class and suggest a drug deal gone bad.

55 F-100
55 F-100 05/31/10 - 06:32 am
This yet another reason that

ispy4u
ispy4u 05/31/10 - 08:06 am
Thanks 41160 I was wondering

Thanks 41160 I was wondering the same thing. As far as the T-Shirts I would think that their eyes and mouths were exposed enough to at least guess what their race were.

daylats
daylats 05/31/10 - 10:47 am
???

???

disssman
disssman 05/31/10 - 08:58 am
Dosen't sound like any kind

Dosen't sound like any kind of gang activity. You would have thought a patrol would have seen 3 guys at 2:30 in the morning. But then that would have been profiling and we can't have that going on. I wonder just how many police we have patrolling the area at that time, and I don't mean radar units?

flipa
flipa 05/31/10 - 09:58 am
The only description we need

The only description we need is of the criminals. These people are dangerous. Lets stop blaming the community and start arresting criminals. Why didn't they give U.S. a description? i don't care if they are polkadoted. Were they black polkadots or white polkadots or brown polkadots??? This shoddy reporting is making me want to get back into the news biz. The last city i ran the news in i was able to out perform every other news service in town. If the reporters here don't want to report, i will get back into it and they will fill out their resumes.

CATFISHSTEW
CATFISHSTEW 05/31/10 - 09:58 am
daylats.....you have got to

daylats.....you have got to be kiddin me."I hope the individuals involved are REPRIMANDED" When someone kicks your door in and commits a crime like that.. and your comments about such rude and crude racial comments they are lucky that there weren't two people killed..you were the one who played the race card. Now you have been 'REPRIMANDED.. HAVE A NICE DAY

disssman
disssman 05/31/10 - 10:17 am
daylats. It may be because

daylats. It may be because the black community consistently wants to deny that they have a very serious problem and have no desire to attack it head on. And the problem is their lackadasical attitude that all a bad kid needs is a little praying and forgiveness and everything will be alright. When was the last time you pulled up to a gas station, were driving down the street with children in your car or were awakened at midnight because of the filthy baboom, baboom baboom music? I can tell you that NONE of my black neighbors would dare call and report a black punk doing anything wrong in my neighborhood. If the black community will not stand up and recognize they have a serious problem, then don't blame the caucasian community for doing so.

isaidit
isaidit 05/31/10 - 10:44 am
daylats.....take it easy.

daylats.....take it easy. She does seem to leave an important aspect of the description out and it does sound like payback of some sort. The area suggests what it suggests, why deny that?! Whoever did this is still walking amonst us and the sooner they get a working idea of who they're looking for, arrest and lock these people up, the better for us all.

rmajor
rmajor 05/31/10 - 12:17 pm
I am just glad no one got

I am just glad no one got hurt. It is unfortunate that there were no details because more than likely, well I hope not, however, usually in these situations, it happens again. Thank God that no one was hurt.

pommom38
pommom38 05/31/10 - 12:17 pm
If the media could find out

If the media could find out more details before posting articles, then the *usual* poster's wouldn't get in such a hissy.
From what is written here, you are led to believe it was done in retaliation for something, or draw your own conclusions.
Odd that three break in, attempt bodily harm, yet take nothing??
And agree diss with your comment!

exmedic
exmedic 05/31/10 - 01:15 pm
last part of the story "Go

last part of the story "Go get my gun. I'm going to kill her. Everybody lay down," he said. something don't sound right

beboisme
beboisme 05/31/10 - 03:11 pm
"GO GET MY GUN?" If the idiot

"GO GET MY GUN?" If the idiot had one he would have had it on his person!Llucky for her he didn't have a gun.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 05/31/10 - 05:15 pm
"This yet another reason that

"This yet another reason that citizens should arm themselves, receive firearms training, register their firearms, and be prepared to "double-tap" any intruders who intend to do harm."

You don't have to register your gun in GA - and you only need a permit to carry it outside your home, car, or place of business. Training however is always good.

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 06/02/10 - 01:03 pm
when they are caught, of

when they are caught, of course they will be given psycological exams and deemed suffering from add/adhd or some other mental ailment which will prevent them from getting extremely long prison terms...hech they may only get probation, a stern lecture and a "finger wagging" then turned loose