Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Two arrested in burglary, shooting

Richmond County sheriff's investigators arrested two men this afternoon in connection with a burglary and shooting at 409 Ashland Drive on April 23, sheriff's Sgt. Blaise Dresser said.

Joquayle Davis, 18, of the 2400 block of Mount Auburn Street, and Emmanuel Hogans, 17, of the 2800 block of Joy Road, were both charged with aggravated assault, burglary, and Hogans was also charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime because it was learned he was the shooter, Dresser said.

A resident said that he and his wife found two men in their garage late on the night of April 23, Investigator Chris Langford said Sunday. The man said he was attempting to hold a garage door closed when at least one shot was fired. The man was struck by broken glass but was not seriously injured, Langford said.

neondeon25
neondeon25 04/30/10 - 09:47 pm
I hope you learn little

I hope you learn little brother

neondeon25
neondeon25 04/30/10 - 10:36 pm
@jesuswept Hogans is my

@jesuswept Hogans is my little brother and for you to call him an animal is degrading to me. I warned him, as well as the rest of my family, about the path that he has now chosen. I am truly sorry to the Ginn family for my brother's actions.

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 05/01/10 - 12:08 am
neondeon25, I am sorry you

neondeon25, I am sorry you feel like that is degrading to you but the opinion is NOT directed at you. Any person who disregards the life of another is a coward and an animal. You may have tried to tell him the ways of the world and he chose not to listen now he will be caged, like an animal, for many years to come.

laprince
laprince 05/01/10 - 01:36 am
I am so thankful that GOD is

I am so thankful that GOD is in CONTROL!!! There is nothing too hard for God! Big brother when people don't know all the details they judge. There will always be freedom of speech. The gun was shot to get away to break the window because the man was holding them in the garage. Not condoning wrong actions but jesuswept what you see in his eyes is not hatred. I know Hogans very very well. Judge not and ye shall not be judged. Be very careful about that unless that's the only scripture you know...JESUS WEPT! AND To the source I guess every crimminal would fry no matter what they did if you were the judge. My prayer is God have mercy on me! Your mercy TRIUMPS over judgment!!

Trey Enfantay
Trey Enfantay 05/01/10 - 01:48 am
Oh brother..... It sure

Oh brother..... It sure didn't take long for the "he was a good boy" crowd to chime in.

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 05/01/10 - 07:04 am
Here we go again with those

Here we go again with those evil blue-eyed, blond-haired Swedish American kids and their violent thug ways.

Tots
Tots 05/01/10 - 08:04 am
Laprince@2:36am-Your post was

Laprince@2:36am-Your post was to funny.He used the gun to break a window to get away,ya and pigs fly.

Tots
Tots 05/01/10 - 08:08 am
He is a criminal,he went with

He is a criminal,he went with intent to do harm if faced down.Dont cry foul for him now.

laprince
laprince 05/01/10 - 08:12 am
Tots my point was no one was

Tots my point was no one was shot or shot at. And Trey no one said anything about good boy or bad.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/01/10 - 08:21 am
"I hope they both find solace

"I hope they both find solace as they live among the big boys and get treated like the little boys they are for a very very long time. Learn? They're going to learn" posted by jesuswept. I'm sure Jesus is weaping after a comment like that. Not defending what these two boys did and they will have to do their time but to insinuate that you find joy in the fact that these two boys might become some prisoner's play thing is sick. I'll agree that these boys disregarded the value of these homeowner's life when they broke in and then used a gun (for whatever purpose) but to say you hope they become spouses of some large affectionate criminal who likes them young (to me) is wishing the same harmful intent on them as they possible intended on the homeowners.

Tots
Tots 05/01/10 - 08:26 am
I'm glad nobody was shot,but

I'm glad nobody was shot,but come on,he took a gun to commit a crime.Still trying to picture him climbing threw the garage window.He must be really small and thin as a rail.

neondeon25
neondeon25 05/01/10 - 08:37 am
@Trey, I had Emmanuel Hogans

@Trey, I had Emmanuel Hogans living with me last year here in Texas. While he was in school he made A's and B's and was the star player on the football team. I wish more than anything that I could have kept him here. I told him 2 years ago that he needed to watch the company that he kept or he was going to pay the price. I DO NOT CONDONE what he did and for his actions he is going to pay the price.

neondeon25
neondeon25 05/01/10 - 08:43 am
"Some people gotta learn the

"Some people gotta learn the hard way. I guess I'm the type of guy who had to find out for myself. I had to learn the hard way Father. I'm on my knees and I'm crying for help." DC Talk

I tried to help you little brother but you wanted the Gangster way of life, now you will suffer the Gangster consequences.

Tots
Tots 05/01/10 - 08:56 am
To Neondean25@9:43am-May God

To Neondean25@9:43am-May God bless you always.Your not to blame.Sounds like you tried to help the boy.In the end they do what they wont to do.So now he needs to man up and pay the price for his stupidity.Again God bless you and the family members his actions have hurt.

neondeon25
neondeon25 05/01/10 - 08:59 am
@Tots, Thank you.

@Tots, Thank you.

jack
jack 05/01/10 - 10:55 am
Put the scumbags in jail and

Put the scumbags in jail and forget about them.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 05/01/10 - 12:00 pm
Don't call criminals

Don't call criminals "animals"!!! An animal would not do a thing like that!
I consider it an insult to God's creatures if people loosely use this word.
God help those two young fools - they just do not learn - not even from seeing what is happening to others like them - jail and misery.

veggie-d
veggie-d 05/01/10 - 12:03 pm
when someone recklessly fires

when someone recklessly fires a gun in the presence of others, they certainly didn't mean NOT to kill or injure someone else...they didn't care where that bullet went. they were simply being selfish and didn't care who got hit as long as they got away. should be attempted murder.

KSL
KSL 05/01/10 - 12:19 pm
Neondeon, it's a shame you

Neondeon, it's a shame you didn't get to keep him with you. It sounds like you were the positive influence that was sorely lacking in his life in Augusta.

jesuswept
jesuswept 05/01/10 - 04:59 pm
@neondeon25 - I am sorry that

@neondeon25 - I am sorry that your little brother made such a terrible decision. But I saw the signs for months. Saw how he interacts with people, complete lack of respect for anything and everything, anyone and everyone. I'm not happy about this. It's tragic. And I'm not judging him. It was, as I observed him, an inevitable outcome. I hope that his life may find some meaning. And I'm not part of the good old boy crowd - just for the record.

Southern_Patriot
Southern_Patriot 05/01/10 - 05:26 pm
Two more of Augusta's finest,

Two more of Augusta's finest, parasites.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 05/01/10 - 05:49 pm
Shouldn't there be an

Shouldn't there be an attempted murder charge added to that for discharging the weapon during a crime? Seems like the home owner was close enough to get hit by breaking glass so wouldn't that put him close to the bullet?

edit: Oh man if the home owner would have been armed... seems like he did them a favor by just trapping them. They could have been legally shot on site.

disssman
disssman 05/01/10 - 06:20 pm
Neon I realize you love your

Neon I realize you love your brother but the outcome would have been terribly different had your brother broken in to my property. I live over here in Westlake and we have been overrun with section 8 folks who respect nothing and want to live like this is the projects. Well recently we have had a few invasions and the punks got away. Now, I walk around my house armed with a weapon and hopeing no one bashes the door in. Believe me the bleeding heart mothers of these punks don't realize just how close to disaster their kids are, and in this neighborhood they had better be telling their kids not to break into other peoples property or else there is going to be an accounting.

neondeon25
neondeon25 05/01/10 - 06:45 pm
@Jesuswept, I also saw the

@Jesuswept, I also saw the signs of disrespect but I guess the difference between me and you is that I at least tried to intervene and show him a different way to live his life not just stand on the sidelines and observe.. I am not defending his actions because I've told him over and over that the way he acts would get him killed or jail and he chose to ignore big brother. I only regret that I had to leave when he was still young and maybe if I hadn't joined the military and stayed home would he be different. Guess I'll never know.

laprince
laprince 05/01/10 - 06:57 pm
The mother, teacher's and

The mother, teacher's and family members have tried to warn Emmanuel for months and then this bad influence Joquayle walked into his life that no one knows and the trouble began. The mother realizes what could have happened and she warned him over and over. Jesuswept I knew you knew him by your first comment. You saw the signs and you developed hatred. I hate when people see people going down a bad road and don't do or say anything to help but be the first to say I knew it when something happens. I am a believer in the fact that it take A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD!

KSL
KSL 05/01/10 - 06:58 pm
Sorry, laprince, but it

Sorry, laprince, but it certainly didn't take a village to raise me and my siblings. Nor did it take one to raise our sons.

KSL
KSL 05/01/10 - 07:06 pm
At any rate, the village

At any rate, the village failed. It certainly sounds like the local village just didn't get it done.

KSL
KSL 05/01/10 - 07:03 pm
Perhaps the problem was the

Perhaps the problem was the action taken was warning and not stronger. I've seen that term mentioned a lot in the last two days with regard to this kid. Warning. I was not about to go against my parents and have to fend for myself. I needed what they provided me. And I knew it.

neondeon25
neondeon25 05/01/10 - 07:28 pm
@KSL, I did more than just

@KSL, I did more than just warn him. The thing is, alot of kids today act just like my brother, they don't have respect for authority and feel that they know more that you. This isn't something new.

the_source
the_source 05/01/10 - 07:37 pm
laprince quote: "I am a

laprince quote: "I am a believer in the fact that it take A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD!" No it don't.