Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

N.J. man cheated out of Masters tickets

A New Jersey man who purchased two Masters tickets for $1,000 through eBay was stiffed today when the alleged seller never showed up.
Robert C. Binder told Richmond County deputies that about 1 a.m. someone identified as Cade Ingram of Ticket Stock text-messaged him about "a problem with his tickets."
About 8 a.m. Binder went to an Augusta motel where he was supposed to get the tickets, but Ingram was not there, according to an incident report.

Only_The_Truth
Only_The_Truth 04/12/10 - 06:39 am
Surprise--Surprise--Surprise

Surprise--Surprise--Surprise

draksig
draksig 04/12/10 - 09:13 am
The lesson here is to never

The lesson here is to never pay for a product unless you have the product in hand. How many times is this story repeated every year during the masters?

texred
texred 04/12/10 - 09:45 am
Really, happens every year

Really, happens every year about this time.

rbinder
rbinder 04/13/10 - 11:03 am
Hey folks, just saw this and

Hey folks, just saw this and wanted to let everyone know that 10-15 min's after speaking with the police I was contacted by Cade and he made good on my tickets. AS many of you know the Masters tickets/badges need to be returned and he was a victim of some of his customers not returning the badges and spent most of the previous evening chasing the folks. He turned out to be a reputable ticket guy and I was taken care of.

CarlosC
CarlosC 04/13/10 - 11:08 am
Mr Binder, thank you for

Mr Binder, thank you for letting us know. You are a good man. I hope you still had an enjoyable trip and we'll see you down here again.

rbinder
rbinder 04/13/10 - 11:37 am
Was there in 2002 in the mud,

Was there in 2002 in the mud, this trip was 1000% better and had the time of my life. Cade was even nice enough to drive myself and my son to the gate.

CarlosC
CarlosC 04/13/10 - 11:49 am
I'm not sure there is much

I'm not sure there is much even The Augusta National can do to improve the weekend weather. I'm glad y'all had a safe and enjoyable trip.