Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man injured in Greene Street fight

Police responded to an altercation this afternoon at the Augusta Salvation Army on Greene Street after a man was punched in the face.

Back | Next
An adult male is transported to an ambulance after an altercation outside the Salvation Army on Greene Street this afternoon in Augusta.

Corey Perrine/Staff
Corey Perrine/Staff

Richmond County investigators were already at the Greene Street location looking for a rape suspect when the incident occurred, according to dispatch.

The man apparently had been standing on a curb by the property when another man approached and punched him in the face unexpectedly, said Rebecca Wallace, the Salvation Army's development director.

eachoneteachone
eachoneteachone 02/19/10 - 06:09 pm
Chronic Nuisance Property

Chronic Nuisance Property Ordinance.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 02/19/10 - 06:32 pm
Please, let me delete

Please, let me delete duplicate postings!

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 02/19/10 - 06:31 pm
Can't I stand around and be

Can't I stand around and be out-of-touch with reality without being pounded by reality?

corgimom
corgimom 02/19/10 - 08:30 pm
Fiat, "out of touch with

Fiat, "out of touch with reality" vs "out of touch with reality". I quit donating there for that very reason- too many severely mentally ill people that weren't taking their meds were outside the building and who were MAD.

fatboyhog
2000
fatboyhog 02/19/10 - 10:48 pm
Why is there no information

Why is there no information about the Deputy that was injured in this altercation?

tmyboy6988
tmyboy6988 02/20/10 - 07:24 am
It seems that these two men

It seems that these two men do not have a job or anything else to do since they are hanging out at the salvation army. Why weren't they out looking for a job, trying to better themselves, or was this their way of getting a job at the jail as trustee. I figure that if I needed the services of the salvation army I would be there as little as possible, because from the time i get up til i go to sleep, I would use my time to look for a job not standing on the corner passing the time. But i guess some people like calling the salvation army home.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/20/10 - 08:55 am
Like Corgi says.. too many

Like Corgi says.. too many mentally ill folks hanging around there.

butterflygina
butterflygina 02/24/10 - 07:21 am
We can rest assured that the

We can rest assured that the puncher has been banned from the (salvation) army.