JUNE 6: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce post-session legislative breakfast, guest speaker is Curtis Foltz, Executive Director of the Georgia Ports Authority; 7 a.m.; Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, 2 10th St., Augusta; free for members, $25 for nonmembers; (706) 821-1318
JUNE 7: Greater Aiken Chamber of Commerce First Friday Means Business; 7:30 a.m.; Newberry Hall, 117 Newberry St.; $15; (803) 649-1200
JUNE 21: CSRA Business League procurement and certification workshop; 7 p.m.; Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, 2 10th St., Augusta; (706) 722-0994
• Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE, a nonprofit volunteer organization, helps with developing business and marketing plans, record keeping, or general business problems; (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta and (803) 641-1111 in Aiken
• Business Network International chapter meetings are held weekly across the area. To learn more, visit bni-scga.com for local chapter listings or contact Amy D. Kilpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 364-9872.
• Real estate career seminars; 7 p.m. Tuesdays, 4434 Columbia Road, Suite 204, Martinez, (706) 364-4234
• Free small-business consulting; Small Business Development Center, Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500, Augusta; helps with developing or updating business plans and financial projections, identifying sources of capital, establishing record-keeping, accessing market data, creating marketing strategies, strategic planning and suppliers; by appointment; (706) 721-4545
• President’s Club; reinforcement of sales training systems; 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 699 Broad St., Suite 1001, Augusta; (706) 432-0040